Stradic CI4+ 2500FA Help Needed - Page 2 - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2017, 09:44 PM   #11 (permalink)

So, I sent my reel to Shimano along with a $25 check to put it back together, and they sent me a new CI4+ Stradic 2500HG reel. Kind of liked my old one, don't know why they didn't just put it back together as all the parts were there, but nice of them to send a new one.
muninoel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2017, 11:52 AM   #12 (permalink)

Cost/benefit? Cheaper to just send a new one than put yours back together if it was already in pieces.

Note to self, if I want a new reel take mine partially apart and send to Shimano for maintenance!
dallasdb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2017, 10:55 PM   #13 (permalink)

Actually, I spent $30+ for the part I needed, $25 for repair costs, and will have to pay shipping. So, not like I got over on them. They should be able to put reel together in 10 mins or less, since that is their job.

Old 02-05-2017, 11:22 PM   #14 (permalink)

I sent a Stradic 6000 that was toast in for repair, they charged me 25 bucks and sent me back a brand new reel, then I got my old spool back in the mail and thought I even made out with an extra spool but it doesn't fit the new reel design.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:17 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muninoel View Post
They should be able to put reel together in 10 mins or less, since that is their job.
Agreed. But guess what... they probably got more than a few "customers for life" by sending out new reels.
dallasdb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2017, 10:06 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasdb View Post
Agreed. But guess what... they probably got more than a few "customers for life" by sending out new reels.
True that, but I am a customer for life because of their CI4+ reels. I miss my old reel, I caught a lot of fish with it before that ATV rollover. I may take your advice though
Old 02-11-2017, 01:01 PM   #17 (permalink)

Try looking up a video of that real on youtube. I hate taking apart reels because of all the little parts that need to go back in the right place. However, I recently cleaned all of my reels and looked up videos on youtube, which showed exactly how to take them apart, and put back together. Most important thing is keeping all the small parts in line when taking them off, so they go back on in the same order. Brain damage fo sho!!
Rip Lip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.