Personal Pontoon Boat - Page 2 - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2017, 01:55 PM   #11 (permalink)

My personal preference is the NRS Gig-Bob, funny name great toon. They are hard to find used, (The originals built from 2009-2011, sold new just North of $1700) They just came out with a second edition and it sells at just under $1,000.
This boat can be used on rivers, with proper experience and ratings in the 1-3 range, I use it exclusively on the lakes with a 2.5 hp Suzuki. it handles well with the Carlisle oars it comes with but the motor makes it a go anywhere toon in almost any condition, again consider your boating experience when I say any condition. I have fished all 3 South Park lakes with this toon 100+ days a season and it has never disappointed me.
Bill
http://www.nrs.com/product/84001.02/...ing-watercraft
whadleyco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2017, 03:21 PM   #12 (permalink)

I have a similar thread going but I'm looking for something that fits two people. I do have a friend who's an avid fly fisherman and swears by his sea eagle! He's taken it everywhere through the years without problems. It's the pontoon model where it fits one person, has a swivel seat, has a solid floor to stand up on a fish and cast. If I was only fishing alone, I would buy that without question.
Kamm1004 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2017, 12:01 PM   #13 (permalink)

Kamm,
I too have a friend with a Sea Eagle, he loves it and yes it will accommadate two people. Just a note, he had a 4 hp on it and last season bumped up to a 6 hp, ironically the 6 hp doesn't move the displacement hull any faster than the 4 hp and yes it burns a little more fuel.
Bill
whadleyco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2017, 12:22 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerfish View Post
Blow up dolls--
^^^^^^^^^^^^^Handy for taking the kiddos to the beach too....

I have an 8 ft water skeeter. Don't know how old. I bought it 3rd hand in 2009... for $120 It opened up alot of water for me. I have also run it down some rivers. Mostly the Payette in Idaho. Ran it down a class 3 called Swirley Canyon on the south fork..... It was fun. I had a ww raft with me for safety though and I had run that stretch several times in my IK. It was fun trying to surf that short little pontoon! But the big eddys were a problem. I would get stuck spinning in circles.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.