And so it begins ... - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2017, 08:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default And so it begins ...

As usual the CPW lied again! I was told by multiple sources that the nets would not go in Rifle Gap until April and miraculously they put them in today! From fishing it the last few days and seeing where the walleyes are I'm guessing their success rate with the nets will be pretty low this year because of where they have placed them. They are however in prime smallmouth areas and will definitely reach havoc on the smallie population.
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2017, 11:41 AM   #2 (permalink)

I hate to hear that. Only hope is that they miss a lot of them or the fish can manage to stay away from the nets. Thanks for the update!

Last edited by TthePikester; 03-17-2017 at 02:28 PM.
Rip Lip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2017, 12:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'm hoping that the big females got of one last spawn on the full moon.
Pathway is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2017, 07:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

For me it's not worth the aggravation anymore, they've proven they will do whatever they want and that they can't be trusted.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

The environmental groups are well imbedded within the Colorado govt. I see this as a growing trend. They have a method and means to allow these CPW introduced walleyes to exist in Rifle Gapp but simply refuse to consider all the alternatives which would allow this fishery to exist.. They rather sell out to these environmental special interest groups. No wonder our CPW is having financial issues...
tailchaser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017, 12:35 AM   #6 (permalink)

This is all about USFW and CPW jobs and funding. That's it. If they really wanted to save the sucker, they should remove Hoover Dam. Let's see how that goes over. Instead, we pay taxes and buy fishing licences to support STUPID management programs.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:54 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
The environmental groups are well imbedded within the Colorado govt. I see this as a growing trend. They have a method and means to allow these CPW introduced walleyes to exist in Rifle Gapp but simply refuse to consider all the alternatives which would allow this fishery to exist.. They rather sell out to these environmental special interest groups. No wonder our CPW is having financial issues...
I wish it was just environmental groups, but its not, Its the heavy hand of the federal government enforcing the Endangered Fish Recovery Act.
Fordo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2017, 06:28 AM   #8 (permalink)

what a frickin crime that is to kill those walleyes, then leave the bag limit for fisherman at 1 walleye. they wonder why sportsman hate them thanks for update Westsloper,
Bobco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2017, 06:16 AM   #9 (permalink)

I wish they could focus their "job security" on enhancement and education.

It's the bane of the west.

Then how about some better trout management in the area? We do not even get that.

Laziest group of half wits who focus primarily on destruction without enhancement. Yeah, I am back now and have to deal with these rats again.

I bet they have a new fully loaded shock-kill fleet headed out daily right now. Savages!
Old 03-23-2017, 07:29 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochise View Post
I bet they have a new fully loaded shock-kill fleet headed out daily right now. Savages!
They did late last fall on Blue Mesa. Fished in my pontoon around Elk Creek Marina and saw them put in the shock fleet. So far this year, even with most of the lake ice free I haven't seem them yet. Wishful thinking that perhaps their shock fest is over. At least one can wish. Blue Mesa hasn't been the same for several years now. I really believe they have done more damage than the good they intended.
Pilotfly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.