Replacement float-tube bladder? - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2005, 05:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Replacement float-tube bladder?

I have a Buck's Bag - "Top-Gun" thats worked well for 12+ years. The bladder seam split the last trip, (captain not on board). Gander Mtn. & S.W. both say they are out of the replacement bladders. Does anyone use a truck tube instead of these flimsy bladders? Where do you put the valve stem? Is that painful? Looking for input. Thanks.
Fishdawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2005, 05:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Replacement float-tube bladder?

I know this doesn't answer your question but use this damage to your belly boat to buy a kayak or a pontoon style boat with paddles. If you use either one of these even once, you will wonder how you ever suffered so long with your belly boat. Honestly, they have to be the most inefficient way to get around on water ever invented.

I imagine you could get a truck tire tube for your belly boat and duck tape the stem to the tube so it doesn't poke you. But why? I'm sure some people who love their belly boat will chime in here and tell me how misinformed I am but they just haven't fished out of a kayak or pontoon yet.
kirbydog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2005, 06:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to scorpion_bsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbydog
I know this doesn't answer your question but use this damage to your belly boat to buy a kayak or a pontoon style boat with paddles.* If you use either one of these even once, you will wonder how you ever suffered so long* with your belly boat.* Honestly, they have to be the most inefficient way to get around on water ever invented.

I imagine you could get a truck tire tube for your belly boat and duck tape the stem to the tube so it doesn't poke you.* But why?* I'm sure some people who love their belly boat will chime in here and tell me how misinformed I am but they just haven't fished out of a kayak or pontoon yet.
I won't tell you how misinformed you are, but I LOVE my belly boat. I have a lot more places to store gear and tackle than any kayak I've ever seen. And I get around just fine with it. Plus I can get around and fish at the same time, I don't have to worry about rowing.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

Scorpion-I can cover 10 times as much water in a kayak than I ever could in a belly boat. And the sit on top (SOT) models designed for fishing they have out now have tons of storage. I bet their were people who talked about how the auto would never replace the horse and buggy in the early 1900's.
kirbydog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2005, 08:17 PM   #5 (permalink)

One morning I watched a couple of guys launch one of those 2-man inflatable pontoon boats, they just picked it up and set it in the water, no backing down a boat ramp. Then they put in a battery and trolling motor, jumped in and off they went. I really envied them, they had everything they needed for getting around the lake and it looked like pretty comfortable fishing.

I may have to put one of those on my Christmas want list.

Old 10-11-2005, 10:56 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to scorpion_bsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbydog
Scorpion-I can cover 10 times as much water in a kayak than I ever could in a belly boat.* And the sit on top (SOT) models designed for fishing they have out now have tons of storage.* I bet their were people who talked about how the auto would never replace the horse and buggy in the early 1900's.*
True, you can cover 10 times more water but if you are rowing I can still be fishing!
Old 10-12-2005, 05:06 AM   #7 (permalink)

I go to a place in Arvada of old Ralston rd. called Stillwater they sell the bladders and the tubes.
chris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2005, 05:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
Administrator

I know a couple people that use truck tubes in their belly boats; *However you may want to check on current regulations, because some states require that the tubes have a certain number of chambers in them. *I'm not sure if Colorado does or does not. *Truck tubes are usually single chambered.

www.ColoradoMountainFishing.com

Here's to Tight Lines, Bent Rods, and Screamin Reels.... FISH ON!
epic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2005, 02:32 PM   #9 (permalink)

I have an old (198 Trout Traps belly boat that came stock with a truck tube for the big doughnut and a little car tire tube for the backrest.It'll never blow out! My buddy used to have a float tube till he picked up a "water skeeter" type pontoon and he no longer has a belly boat.Says as soon as I try one I will want one.If you wear fins you dont need to row either.Plus if you're sitting above the water it ain't nearly as cold.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:50 PM   #10 (permalink)

Like Chris, I used the Stillwater folks for a replacement bladder. They even restitched a few tears in my tube at no charge. Good customer service.
hammer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.