Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Elaine T. Valente Open Space

10K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  golden rod 
#1 ·
This is located in Adams county east of McKay Rd on 104th, next to the Platte. Anyone tried fishing here?

I'm thinking of wetting a line somewhere in north Metro tomorrow. Normally I fish for walleyes in the boat, but thinking some spring LMB would be a hoot. I've never caught a LMB in Colorado and it's about time :D Any other beginner LMB places up north metro you'd suggest?

#3 ·
I fished the front lake a few years ago when it first opened up to the public. Caught a couple bass and a few bluegill. Been back a few times since then but didn't get much action. Also tried the pond to the west by the road...weedy and no bites for me. There is a pond north of the big one that you have to walk back to. It's fly and lure only. Haven't fished it but road my bike by there. It's pretty small. Saw a carp in there.

I remember reading some reports in the past about these lakes and it seems like they got fished out a lot over the first year or two.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.