Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Float tube U-tube?

2K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  fishingal 
#1 ·
So my brother has been struggling with his tube for a while now. Has a hole near the stem. We have tried everything to fix it and it's a no-go. Does anyone know where to buy a U shaped tube anywhere? He has searched the net and local stores to no avail.

I'm tired of watching him blow his tube up every 5 minutes out on the res. :D

#5 ·
Rivrunnr1 said:
I think joel has the caddis shaped tube. It's the one that goes all the way around.

Hey Andrew....Joel says he is down to order whenever you are. He is using his tube a lot lately too.
Which model does he have, they have the nevada U tube and the navigator U tube.....or others....I'll put the order in some time this evening. I need to get my tube fixed as well, I've been itchin to get it on the water and I had an inch wide gap leak on me at Aurora last year when I was just getting over 40ft of water.......I've never kicked my way to shore soo fast........seam leaks suck otherwise I'd have fixed it. Does he perfer poly or rubber, I know they have a couple of options.

#6 ·
Koldkut said:
Rivrunnr1 said:
I think joel has the caddis shaped tube. It's the one that goes all the way around.

Hey Andrew....Joel says he is down to order whenever you are. He is using his tube a lot lately too.
Which model does he have, they have the nevada U tube and the navigator U tube.....or others....I'll put the order in some time this evening. I need to get my tube fixed as well, I've been itchin to get it on the water and I had an inch wide gap leak on me at Aurora last year when I was just getting over 40ft of water.......I've never kicked my way to shore soo fast........seam leaks suck otherwise I'd have fixed it. Does he perfer poly or rubber, I know they have a couple of options.
Looking at the pictures on the website, I believe he has the nevada style. His tube is just one big U and it looks just like that green nevada caddis on the website. I don't know if they have different sizes or whatever...and I don't think he has a preference on poly or rubber. Do you have a preference? Are they different prices?

You should come down and float tube with us at pueblo...we have done pretty well the past couple weeks and its only gonna get better... ;)

#7 ·
Rivrunnr1 said:
Koldkut said:
Rivrunnr1 said:

Looking at the pictures on the website, I believe he has the nevada style. His tube is just one big U and it looks just like that green nevada caddis on the website. I don't know if they have different sizes or whatever...and I don't think he has a preference on poly or rubber. Do you have a preference? Are they different prices?

You should come down and float tube with us at pueblo...we have done pretty well the past couple weeks and its only gonna get better... ;)
That would be pretty awesome, I still need to try out those new fins I won from the caption contest. I also have the nevada U tube, but it's the nevada gold, different color and one extra pocket on the back that is about un-usable. o you guys have fish finders on your tubes?

#8 ·
Koldkut said:
Rivrunnr1 said:
Koldkut said:
Rivrunnr1 said:

That would be pretty awesome, I still need to try out those new fins I won from the caption contest. I also have the nevada U tube, but it's the nevada gold, different color and one extra pocket on the back that is about un-usable. o you guys have fish finders on your tubes?
I have a crappy fishfinder that I bring sometimes. Lately we have been getting fish fairly shallow though so I don't bring it much. You are just gonna get the tubes right....not the whole package? If so, ill let Joel know you are ordering. He sounds excited :D

#9 ·
Rivrunnr1 said:
Koldkut said:
Rivrunnr1 said:
Koldkut said:
Rivrunnr1 said:

I have a crappy fishfinder that I bring sometimes. Lately we have been getting fish fairly shallow though so I don't bring it much. You are just gonna get the tubes right....not the whole package? If so, ill let Joel know you are ordering. He sounds excited :D
Just the tubes, in fact I'll get one poly and one rubber and we can see the differences and Joel can take his pick. Mark(Aabner on here), hardley posts as he is in Korea, uses a regular hummingbird fish finder and two 6v batteries that are about 2"x2"x2" in size, in series to make 12v, runs his finder very nicely that way and they use almost no batteries on a 6 hour float.

#10 ·
Koldkut said:
Just the tubes, in fact I'll get one poly and one rubber and we can see the differences and Joel can take his pick. Mark(Aabner on here), hardley posts as he is in Korea, uses a regular hummingbird fish finder and two 6v batteries that are about 2"x2"x2" in size, in series to make 12v, runs his finder very nicely that way and they use almost no batteries on a 6 hour float.
Sounds good!

Yeah my finder is a crappy $50 one. I pretty much only use it for depth. Sometimes it shows the fish, but that only matters if I am jigging straight down. I usually cast out a ways....better results most of the time.

#11 ·
Rivrunnr1 said:
Koldkut said:
Sounds good!

Yeah my finder is a crappy $50 one. I pretty much only use it for depth. Sometimes it shows the fish, but that only matters if I am jigging straight down. I usually cast out a ways....better results most of the time.
Your casting - is that the reason for Joels hole in the tube?

Thought I had a hole in mine too. Blew mine up to capacity on Sunday night and it's still holding pressure. :D

#12 ·
Slimer said:
Rivrunnr1 said:
Koldkut said:
Sounds good!

Your casting - is that the reason for Joels hole in the tube?
:D :D

Nah but sometimes when he takes a picture of my fish, he gets close to my hook. Doubtful tho...that hole is right beneath the stem...severe pain in the arse.

#17 ·
Oh, karma x 2.

We had some inflatable seats that both blew out the first year we got them on our Outcast Fish Cat 4's.

We called them, and a few days later, they called back, we told them what had happened, and they sent us new ones.

That was really cool. Unexpectedly so. Apparently they'd had a bad batch, and we got them at the same time from Discount Tackle.

All worked out pretty good in the end. But Karma is karma... you know, :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.