Private Lake Memberships in Colorado - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2009, 04:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Private Lake Memberships in Colorado

I am in search of a membership to a private lake. I know a few friends that have memberships and would like to get involved in an organization like this for my family. I would appreciate any help that anyone could give me. I have been unable to locate any organizations using google searches.

Ps. Not that it makes a ton of difference, but I would like warm water if possible.

thanks
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2009, 04:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Private Lake Memberships in Colorado

RMAC is a great one.... both warm and coldwater properties. Mostly Colorado but some good Wyoming water also: http://rmangling.com/about-us.aspx
The initiation fee is a little steep and the rod fees are not cheap but it's good stuff. I hit about two to three properties per year... nice to have in the back pocket. Excellent for kids.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thank you so much! I am going to look it up now. Do they allow camping? That is another feature I was looking for.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

I, too, will check out RMAC. Are there others anyone knows of?
newtofishing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2009, 08:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

check this out don't know if any left.

http://www.coloradofisherman.com/for...?topic=41057.0

Kelly
Old 07-09-2009, 09:34 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks So Much! I have sent an email. This looks good. Any other ideas out there?
Old 07-10-2009, 06:42 AM   #7 (permalink)

Colorado Outdoor Sports has some fishing properties. I think one of them is even warm water. I have fished on there property outside of Colorado Springs (Wright's) and they have one outside of Gunnison as well. The warm water one it a little north of the Denver Metro area someplace.

The also have hunting if your interested in that, if not I think they have fishing only memberships which are much cheaper.

I use this for upland game hunting and it is o.k.

http://www.coloradooutdoorsports.com/

Later
Joe
joej is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2009, 12:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joej
Colorado Outdoor Sports has some fishing properties. I think one of them is even warm water. I have fished on there property outside of Colorado Springs (Wright's) and they have one outside of Gunnison as well. The warm water one it a little north of the Denver Metro area someplace.

The also have hunting if your interested in that, if not I think they have fishing only memberships which are much cheaper.

I use this for upland game hunting and it is o.k.

http://www.coloradooutdoorsports.com/

Later
Joe
Joe, I've heard bad things about this club....lots of resignations over the past year or so and lots of disgruntled members. I was shopping around last January and ended up going elsewhere - I've since gotten 3 calls from the manager trying to make me a deal by waiving initiation fees. The impression I'm getting is they're drowing.....and that's after asking three of their members what they thought.

What's your impression?
xxxxxThat Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2009, 01:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

I drive by Wright's Reservoir 5-6 days a week and there are never too many there if at all. I guess this could be a good thing or bad thing depending on how you look at it.
alpinefisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2009, 02:10 PM   #10 (permalink)

I would give Colorado Outdoor Sports maybe a "C". I really think they are geared more towards waterfowl hunting than anything else.

It if fairly expensive, I think around $800/year but I could be wrong, I just don't remember. For me it is probably over priced, I probably fish Wright's a couple of times a year and the property on the Tomichi a couple of times a year and then hunt 4 or 5 times a year. Pretty expensive when you look at it that way

I think fishing has gone downhill at Wrights, when I first joined and went down there we caught some very nice fish, fought really hard. But the last couple of times we haven't even seen a fish. I get the impression there are a lot of members in the Springs area that have fishing only memberships and they catch and keep a fair amount of fish and as far as I know they haven't put any fish back in it. I think the limit is 4 fish per day. Also no pontoon boats or canoes, only float tubes are allowed, seems like a weird rule to me.

Supposedly their new property up north is fishing well, but I don't know for sure since I have not been up there yet.

They do have some o.k. upland game areas out around Yuma if you like to do that kind of thing.

I don't think they do a very good job of letting you know what is going on with the club or new properties. I definietly could be better.

I do know that I am going to have to re-think my membership in August when it comes due.

Where did you join? I'm not really all that familiar with other clubs around.

I was looking at the RMAC and for fishing it seems pretty good, the first year is $450 but then only $100/year after that and it is kind of pay as you go. I know there are a lot of people that don't want to pay to fish and I am o.k. with that, I'm not looking for trophies and I do my fair share of hiking to high mountain lakes and fishing public waters, but I don't like comabt fishing and if I have to pay to get away from the crowds I am willing to do that. Their rod fees are no more than if I went and played 18 as some golf course.

Later
Joe
joej is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.