Fishing in New Zealand ... my personal diary - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2016, 01:22 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Fishing in New Zealand ... my personal diary

Comprises 61 pages & heaps of pics.

Any questions welcome & will do my best to answer :-

Link should open on Pg 61 so will need to scroll back for earlier posts.

Cheers Barry

http://www.completefisher.com/forum/...6161&start=900
bazzanz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2016, 10:43 AM   #2 (permalink)

ive read a few pages and enjoyed,thx for sharing. New Zealand is on my bucket list for sure!
Old 01-14-2016, 01:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macman View Post
ive read a few pages and enjoyed,thx for sharing. New Zealand is on my bucket list for sure!
May be able to assist you in that ambition MM, as I often offer fellow fishos from overseas an opportunity to enjoy a unique NZ fishing experience at approx. 1/10th of the normal cost ( normal air fares to/from NZ excluded )

So date have welcomed fishos from UK, Gemany, US, France, Malaysia, Sth. Africa & Australia. Usually involves being taken to special places not normally visited, guiding on an amateur basis, transport, homestay accommodation for a few days after airport pickup on arrival & return, sea fishing trip/s, self contained, motorhome accommodation good meals/wine along with any sightseeing the person might like to do. Motor home is an older model but comfy & reliable enough.

Being retired dates & schedules can be fairly flexible so long as in the warmer season ie US winter altho ideally to make it totally worthwhile would require 3 to 6 wks. or longer.

The deal is on the basis of a 50% share of any direct costs such as fuel, food, drink, butane gas etc. but most other aspects gratis, along with possible loan of gear if required.

Guest would be responsible for any personal costs & an overseas anglers NZ fishing licence, which from memory is about NZ$130 for 12 ths & covers 90% of the countries' fishable water, no licence required for sea fishing.

Would best suit an ardent fly fisher however anyone keen to learn would be welcome & personal tuition provided if required.

Expressions of interest invited from anyone keen to take up on the chance of a once in a lifetime trip, that for a number of various reasons, may well be the last such deal offered.

Cheers Barry

Last edited by bazzanz; 01-14-2016 at 07:50 PM.

Old 01-14-2016, 01:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

Very cool, thanks for sharing with us!
pistoldog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2016, 09:14 PM   #5 (permalink)

Very gracious of you Barry, hope someone takes you up on the offer. Trip to NZ is not in the card's for me anytime soon, but will look you up when I'm in your neck of the woods
Old 01-15-2016, 10:11 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazzanz View Post
May be able to assist you in that ambition MM, as I often offer fellow fishos from overseas an opportunity to enjoy a unique NZ fishing experience at approx. 1/10th of the normal cost ( normal air fares to/from NZ excluded )

So date have welcomed fishos from UK, Gemany, US, France, Malaysia, Sth. Africa & Australia. Usually involves being taken to special places not normally visited, guiding on an amateur basis, transport, homestay accommodation for a few days after airport pickup on arrival & return, sea fishing trip/s, self contained, motorhome accommodation good meals/wine along with any sightseeing the person might like to do. Motor home is an older model but comfy & reliable enough.

Being retired dates & schedules can be fairly flexible so long as in the warmer season ie US winter altho ideally to make it totally worthwhile would require 3 to 6 wks. or longer.

The deal is on the basis of a 50% share of any direct costs such as fuel, food, drink, butane gas etc. but most other aspects gratis, along with possible loan of gear if required.

Guest would be responsible for any personal costs & an overseas anglers NZ fishing licence, which from memory is about NZ$130 for 12 ths & covers 90% of the countries' fishable water, no licence required for sea fishing.

Would best suit an ardent fly fisher however anyone keen to learn would be welcome & personal tuition provided if required.

Expressions of interest invited from anyone keen to take up on the chance of a once in a lifetime trip, that for a number of various reasons, may well be the last such deal offered.

Cheers Barry
Sign me up!!
Old 01-15-2016, 11:46 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macman View Post
Very gracious of you Barry, hope someone takes you up on the offer. Trip to NZ is not in the card's for me anytime soon, but will look you up when I'm in your neck of the woods
Wow MM ............ that is very complimentary of you & have never been described as gracious before but probably with good reason.
Old 01-15-2016, 03:24 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redleader View Post
Sign me up!!
Are you serious or thinking in that direction ?

If so best you contact me asap likewise anyone else that may be genuinely interested.

Mid April to Mid May not an option as we will be in China for that period.

Cheers Barry
Old 01-18-2016, 12:02 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazzanz View Post

Cheers Barry
Offer now taken via word of mouth, only subject to finalising mutually suitable dates & itinerary.
Old 03-29-2016, 02:17 AM   #10 (permalink)

The second to last post on the opening page could well be titled "Take an American fishing" as is a report on a couple of days away with Korey a recent arrival from the US, who was keen to land his first NZ trout.

http://www.completefisher.com/forum/...6161&start=915

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.