Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

My Frabill ultra lite mods

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  webos1 
#1 ·
sorry they are out of sequence. bassically I made two frames for the two sections of my storage box. Using a Dremel saw attachment I cut out the top to have two lids. Also with the same tool I cut out the peices used to box off the two sections. Stapled it together. Added hinges for the lids. Used outdoor carpet to cover it, added knobs, and two sided velcoro to keep the lids closed. Then using peices of pipe for sprinkler systems I made rod holders. I put a bolt through the center so the pivot up to pull the rods out. The cork handles fit in perfectly to keep them secure. My heater will set on top of the storage box when I'm on the ice. I might try to add led lights in the future. P.S. I used really thin outdoor wood for light weight construction, see the pic with the pencil. I think the box adds no more weight than the milk crate I was using before.

See less See more
#2 ·
thats pretty cool i built a box for my ice stuff too but mine is only one compartment it fits everything but heavy. i built a wood sled with skis so it sits in the truck bed perfectly just strap the hut, auger, box on sled and mush! i know if i build another i am going to go lighter and gorilla glue the crap out of it nice pictures

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.