gander mountain - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2006, 02:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default gander mountain

hey everyone , just thought id let you know gander has their ice fishing stuff in , just to let you know ganders prices on things are outreagous , i was looking at thier swedish pimples and for the same one i bought at sportsmans for 2 bucks they wanted four , lowest price my ass , as far as ice fishing stuff goes i buy my stuff from bass pro or sportsmans , gander is a joke , ( no offense don )
kokaneeking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2006, 05:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: gander mountain

Thanks for the heads-up, Anthony.
Old 10-27-2006, 05:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Don In Denver

I haven't compared prices on a lot of lures, etc. But I can tell you that Gander Mtn (Scott Cover) went out of their way to find a cleance-priced sonar/gps unit for me a couple of years ago and then had it shipped to Denver at no cost. It's a great unit and I got a killer price!

And their live minnows are healthy, lively, and very reasonably priced. And Don is knowledgeable about Colorado fishing, too.

So overall they get a big "thumbs up" from me, especially on customer service.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2006, 06:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
laker taker

There is no one place (BPS, Sportsmans or Gander) that has the lowest prices on everything. Each place has items they are lowest on and items they are expensive on. The key is to know where to buy the items you want at the lowest price. This means shopping regularly at all three retailers. For some people that is too much hassle.

I'm with Don in Denver. Gander has good minnows plus they have great clearance and sales. Not to mention they try harder for your buisness. When I asked Sportsmans to restock a certain item they were out of, they told me it was on it's way. A month later, still no product. I'm glad I didn't wait for Sportsmans to get the hooks I wanted, I'd still be waiting. That wouldn't happen at Gander.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

i dident intend to totally diss gander , i do buy stuff at gander , i just want to know if they will price match ?, its just a joke on certin items , i do shop around alot
catfishking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2006, 07:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

i meant to post the above message under my screename oops
Old 10-27-2006, 07:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Mr. Ed

It's funny. I've always found the prices at Bass Pro to be higher than anywhere else. I was at Sportsman's earlier this week and I didn't see a single ice hut up and available for sale yet like they usually have but they did expand the woman's clothing section. The fishing section is starting to get better. They did have some ice scoops and some ice rods out. Don't get me wrong, women should be clothed, but I think the biggest problem with Bass Pro (aside from prices) and Cabela's is that they have way too much clothing...but then again, the profit margin is higher. If I have to make the trip to Aurora, Gander is my first stop anymore. Prices are reasonable, selection is exceptional, and the staff is knowledgable. I had another bad experience at Sportsman's about a month ago where after I asked the clerk for a particular item, he told me he didn't have any, I had to point it out to him. Then, after asking for an accessory for that item, he tried to sell me the wrong one and I had to order it from Brownell's.

Gander's staff has experience and they are knowledgable. They're still my first choice if driving out east. Just think, at least they had Swedish Pimples. The selection at Sportsman's for Kastmasters was really sad.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

thats good you had a good experience , the kastmaster selection on the sportsmans on 84th and 1 25 is excellent , i buy my swedish pimples from thier site online , whenever i order i always get acouple extra swedish pimples for free its great
Old 10-27-2006, 07:41 PM   #9 (permalink)

Screw Gander Mountain and BPS. Sportsman's(southwest Littleton) is like 5 minutes from my house, and they have everything I could want. Why would I spend 10 dollars or more on gas to save 2 dollars on a lure? It all depends on where you live, I guess. They are all good , on certain things, just depending on how far you wish to drive. I go crazy nuts at all of them.
lake1177 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2006, 07:53 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ed
Don't get me wrong, women should be clothed
You'll have to explain this further, as I couldn't disagree more...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in