tips for repairing ice shanty - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2006, 09:31 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default tips for repairing ice shanty

i recently bought a clam guide. it was used and the bottom was kinda rough i.e. had holes in it from wear and tear. to fix the gouges i used p-tex. skiers use it to fix gouges out of the skies. it works very very well as its designed to go on while melted it cools and holds up to the cold extremly well. If you want to go a step beyond as i did, i put some old skies i had on screwed them to the bottom of the sled with either red wood or treated 2by4. counter sink the screws and fill with p-tex, screw to the 2x4 on the other side. this will also provide strenth at the base. you can then wax the skies to make it easier to pull. for the holes in the material, i sewed up the little ones with thread and then on the inside i ironed on one of those patches you get to fix in your jeans. spray with scotch guard and its fixed. for bigger holes i stitched the ptch directly on the tent then ironed it to seal the thread and sprayed with scotch guard. its important to wash the material first. go to the car wash and spray it down good on the wash cycle. then rinse. let it air out for a day and then start your work. if anyone has anyother suggestions or a better way please post

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in