Sharpining Blades? - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2006, 01:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Sharpining Blades?

Does anyone know where I can get some blades sharpened, somewhere in Northern Colorado?
JohnnyO19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2006, 03:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Re: Sharpining Blades?

I just buy new ones, they are cheap and work better then sharpened ones.

www.ColoradoMountainFishing.com

Here's to Tight Lines, Bent Rods, and Screamin Reels.... FISH ON!
epic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2006, 09:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

same, same, just buy new ones , unless they are chipper blades on a power auger, then you could touch them up with a file.
Old 11-18-2006, 03:12 AM   #4 (permalink)

Not in northern colorado. In c-springs the only good place i know is tonys saw shop on el paso just 3-4 blocks south of fillmore. only $4-$5 and they do a great job. I use a chipper blade, sharpen it 1 time a year and it eats nicely all year. I dont trust my sharpining skills and new blades around $25. Sharpining works fine for me.... But dont use the kits u can get from the store they suck!!!!! make sure a shop does it.
cryde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2006, 09:33 AM   #5 (permalink)

I've got a Strikemaster Auger and they have a replacement program. You send in your old blades and they send you back a sharpened set. They have a pretty fast turn time since as soon as they get yours, they shoot off a sharp set to you. In the past, I've always gotten brand new blades back. I keep an extra set, so I can send one off and still have blades to use until the other set comes back.
mscottcody is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2006, 03:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

I got a $6.00 blade sharpener by Lazer at Sportsman's Warehouse. It's one of those sharpeners like you use on kitchen knives that has a carbide V that you run down the blade, but it has only one cutting blade that scrapes the bevel while the other part of the V runs along the bottom edge of the blade as a guide. Looks like it works, but I'd rather not use it on my blades until I see if it has worked for other people first. Has anyone used these before?
alpineFSH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2006, 06:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscottcody
I've got a Strikemaster Auger and they have a replacement program. You send in your old blades and they send you back a sharpened set. They have a pretty fast turn time since as soon as they get yours, they shoot off a sharp set to you. In the past, I've always gotten brand new blades back. I keep an extra set, so I can send one off and still have blades to use until the other set comes back.
jiffy has the same kind of thing, i bent 2 sets of blades on my stealth last year and they replaced both sets, so i bought an extra set just in case. they were fairly expensive(about $70) for the whole blade kit. them rocks under the snow just don't auger real well.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:47 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
How does this work? I went on thier website and I couldn't find any info. I have a strikemaster and it needs some new blades.
hatchmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2006, 06:54 PM   #9 (permalink)

Hatch,
Go to their site and look under products. Then click on blade exchange. Most of the blades are $12.95 plus $3.00 shipping and handling. Just sent a pair in on Sat for a mora that I got off of e-bay. The exchange will cost more than the auger.
mojo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2006, 10:42 PM   #10 (permalink)

Thanks for the tip Mojo. In the Bass Pro ad they have my same hand auger for twenty bucks. I think I might just buy a new one.
hatchmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in