Scouting 11mile Friday? - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2006, 01:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Scouting 11mile Friday?

I more then likely wont be at the get together on Saturday, unless I can work it out so I can leave there and go directly to Cripple Creek where I have a meeting thing...
But I get off work on Friday at 7am and think I could swing out there and check out some of the ice to get a better idea of where the get together should meet up.
I have a couple ice rods if you have never gone before I have extra... I also only have a hand auger... also no shelter so incase the wind comes up we will be sucking.
I have room in the Jeep if you are in the Springs and want to carpool... It will be an all nighter for me so I'm usually done fishing about 1-2pm so I can still make it back while Im awake.

www.ColoradoMountainFishing.com

Here's to Tight Lines, Bent Rods, and Screamin Reels.... FISH ON!
epic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2006, 10:04 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Scouting 11mile Friday?

I am going to be "sick" on friday, I live in the springs too, have truck. I'm game for anything!
Redlegiceman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2006, 10:48 AM   #3 (permalink)

also... I have a shelter and gas auger to make life a lil better!
Old 12-05-2006, 12:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Where do you want to meet up at? Lake or intown? I might get sick a couple hours early if you want to get up there sooner. I have a parks pass on my cherokee.

www.ColoradoMountainFishing.com

Here's to Tight Lines, Bent Rods, and Screamin Reels.... FISH ON!
epic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2006, 05:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

God Bless "sick days"!
Old 12-05-2006, 11:34 PM   #6 (permalink)

I'm playing hookie Friday as well. Will see folks up at Sucker's Cove parking area ... Crimson Dodge Ram. We'll have an Eskimo Quick Flip out on the ice. Haven't figured if I'm going east to the bluffs or west toward the river. Say 'howdy' if you get out there. We're going to be there at sunrise.

Best Regards,

Jeff

Jeff

"Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll spend all of his money on tackle, teach his children to be responsible conservationists, and most likely have a huge honey-do list at the end of the day."
ColoAngler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2006, 07:23 AM   #7 (permalink)

My wife and I are planning on being at 11 mile Friday and Saturday. If everyone is going to meet at Sucker cove Friday morning we'll meet you there. Hopefully this warm weather won't deteriorate the ice conditions.
I'll have a Sliver Dodge Ram and a Clam X2.

We took the float tubes to at Sucker Cove in October and marked what looked to be a couple of good ice fishing spots toward the river.

FC
fly chucker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2006, 03:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

boy.... this "iwannafishtodayitis" is really spreading, wonder if someone should contact the cdc?
Old 12-06-2006, 10:22 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Chucker
My wife and I are planning on being at 11 mile Friday and Saturday. If everyone is going to meet at Sucker cove Friday morning we'll meet you there. Hopefully this warm weather won't deteriorate the ice conditions.
I'll have a Sliver Dodge Ram and a Clam X2.

We took the float tubes to at Sucker Cove in October and marked what looked to be a couple of good* *ice fishing spots toward the river.

FC
I'm wondering if I met you in Colorado Springs Sportsman's last year and you met me and my boy up there last Feb/Mar?

Jeff

"Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll spend all of his money on tackle, teach his children to be responsible conservationists, and most likely have a huge honey-do list at the end of the day."
ColoAngler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2006, 02:05 AM   #10 (permalink)

Hi, Where is Sucker Cove I can't seem to locate it on my Fish-N-Map? I am going to large un-named South Park lake on Fri. would like to hook up with anybody to carpool and share in expenses .I have vehicle or use yours, from Denver. Possibly going again Sat. and Sun.
iceman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in