Frabill MIN-O-LIFE ... battery life?? - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2007, 11:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Frabill MIN-O-LIFE ... battery life??

got a frabill min-o-life aerator today, runs on 2 D batteries

how long does it run? i dont wanna wake up with dead minnows for tomorrow.

also, is tap water bad for minnows ?? im in lakewood, grn mtn area, water tastes ok to me, better than capitol hill water.

dogkatcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2007, 11:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Frabill MIN-O-LIFE ... battery life??

I'm really not 100% positive but it seems like mine will run at least 10 hours, but I mainly use it in the summer while out fishing and use a 110v at home. Actually the more I think about it I think I have left it running at least a full day. Anyhow I think it will get you through the night.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

I would not recommend any water out of the tap. If you have to use it, SPRAY it into a bucket, and then pour it in with the minnows. Don't do a rapid Temp. change if you can avoid it.
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2007, 12:32 AM   #4 (permalink)

cool .. thanks guys

gonna run fresh batteries when i goto sleep. should have just bought a 110v fish tank aerator on way home .. oh well

I havnt used minnows ever really. The dunkable minnow bucket i have .. had it since probbly 10-11 years old (im 35) .. dont think it was ever used, somehow i managed to keep it with me (even almost threw it out a few years ago .. somehow Im fishing more these days .. nice to have ... i see bigger Eyes in my future, that is my 07 goal)

The last time (& maybe 1st) using minnows, was in michigan .. my buddy took a contractor bucket, drilled a bunch holes in lid, then dunked it off his backyard dock for later use (on St Clair Shores lake ... thats north of detroit above same river ... dirty, dirty)* 24 hours later bucket was full of sand, all minnows dead. I told him he needed exhaust holes... was funny!* His store bought bucket, the lid opened during a big tide, once again, full of sand, all minnows gone .. even funnier)
Old 01-17-2007, 12:55 AM   #5 (permalink)

Spraying the water is not to aerate the water directly, it is to get rid of some of the Chloramine... can be tough on the fish. Aerating the water after is good as well.
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2007, 01:09 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy
Spraying the water is not to aerate the water directly, it is to get rid of some of the Chloramine... can be tough on the fish.* Aerating the water after is good as well.
thats what i figured .. i only have 36 of em, should be ok with dudes blue lookin water & some air

Discount Fishing Tackle, sante fe .. I like the that guy, had some laughs with him. (his request was to mention his store, i asked for a few bigguns & got em)
Old 01-17-2007, 01:37 AM   #7 (permalink)

They must have just got those in today. I called Monday he said they were out. I seem to have better luck keeping minnows as cold as I can just dont let them freeze, the garage works great this time of year.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:41 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grncreek
They must have just got those in today.* I called Monday he said they were out.* I seem to have better luck keeping minnows as cold as I can just dont let them freeze, the garage works great this time of year.
funny, i was wonderin about that too. the water was pretty cold when i got home after 15 minute drive. im puttin em in garage right now ..is 40 f .. thanks!!
Old 01-17-2007, 01:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
Administrator

I've used tap water for my live minnows and suckers, I've never had a problem with it... If you are trying to keep them alive for a while I would use something to take the chlorine out of the water but since you are throwing them on the hook they should live for 24-48 waters in tap water.... Depending on the water quality in your area. I've never used live minnows or suckers threw the ice so when I use tap water it is usually replaced by lake water when I get to the lake, so that might have something to do with it. If its in the low digits or negative degrees out you might want to throw the minnows in a small cooler to keep the water from freezing.

www.ColoradoMountainFishing.com

Here's to Tight Lines, Bent Rods, and Screamin Reels.... FISH ON!
epic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2007, 02:05 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ePiC
If its in the low digits or negative degrees out you might want to throw the minnows in a small cooler to keep the water from freezing.
supposed to be sunny, 20s, dry, & little wind .. a great day tomorrow regardless of fish caught*

update: ,,, didnt check weather today ,, we will probably get hit with wind by 2pm, bring it on!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in