Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

gross

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  taglarry 
#1 ·
i think its funny how memories fade or become better with time. it has been years since i had a chance to fish gross reservoir, the weather just hasn't been that cooperative in the past so i really thought i was missing out.NOT!dont get me wrong the ice is rather good this year, six to eight inches of hard clear ice, except along the shoreline but whatever i was thinking i don't know. its cold, its brutally windy, and really the fishing sucks.friend and i went today and managed three lakers and one small brown. for such skinny fish they sure are picky eaters.if you go the lake level seems higher than in the past and the hill of death is snow covered making for fairly easy pulling, not much snow on the lake, just a few sketchy spots along the shore. we walked past the narrows to the bay just past the pressure ridge. there appears to be open water past there to the dam but we did see one hut clear over past the dam.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.