Ion-Customer Service - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2016, 09:48 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ion-Customer Service

Just wanted to share something good about this company.

I purchased one of their electric augers from Cabela's around Christmas time and have used it for drilling less than 20 holes. On the first outing the trigger stuck on while trying to remove the auger from the ice; with the auger spinning wildly in the hole and me being trashed around trying to stop it. Luckily I had someone with me to help wrangle it and remove the battery. Thinking it was because of the sub-zero temps and possible ice in the trigger; I took it home, thawed it out for a few days and tried it again with no issues at home.

Off to the ice again a few days later and less than 6 holes into the day it happened again Luckily this time while not in the ice. After removing the battery and jiggling the trigger a few times and re-inserted the battery. I proceeded to start drilling again and it happened after a few more holes.

Pissed off about a brand new $500 item not working I sent them an email that night letting them know my displeasure with their product and wanting to know where I could get it fixed. Not hearing back from them within 24 hours like their website said (or thinking about it being a holiday) I called them on Monday and left a pretty detailed voicemail again voicing my displeasure. Their voicemail said I would receive a call back in a few hours. Nothing happened. No email, no phone calls.

As I was ready to head back to Denver to return this POS at 8 am this morning I received a phone call apologizing for the slow response with no excuses about the holiday. The gentleman ( the product line manager) was simply befuddled at what had happened with the auger. He asked me to explain what had happened so that he could try and figure out what was going on. After explaining the issue to him and venting for a few minutes about my second thoughts on their product. He apologized profusely and said the issue I had was the first of its kind out of thousands of augers sold and really wanted to get it back to find out what happened to ensure they didn't have future issues or have to do recalls on the others sold. He said that they were sending me a new one at no charge to me with a box to send back the other one that would show up at my door in a few days and wished they weren't in Wisconsin or I would have it today.

No excuses and pleasant attitude. NOW THAT'S CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!

Thanks ION and Todd for making me believe that some places still believe in good customer service

Last edited by Ninja; 01-21-2016 at 09:52 AM.
Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2016, 10:20 AM   #2 (permalink)

I'm glad to hear you got some help... I was wondering. That issue is SUCH a huge liability for the company, I was super surprised when you said they hadn't gotten back to you. The situation you described to me could have cost that company thousands... or even hundreds of thousands had the outcome of your first problem been different.
Old 01-21-2016, 10:25 AM   #3 (permalink)

We touched on that a little bit in our conversation...
Old 01-21-2016, 01:06 PM   #4 (permalink)

I have had to call their customer service twice due to plastic thumb switch braking. Each time they sent me an entire replacement kit. The only thing to watch out for is breaking that thumb bar. I love the ease or use and how quite it is.
fishmohr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2016, 01:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

My experience with their customer service was positive. I was taken on my word and the part was sent overnight fedx.
36505 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2016, 06:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

Good to hear they have decent service. I bought one recently and have loved it so far. I can see the thumb switch breaking off as a potential issue for sure. Good to know they back their product.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:26 PM   #7 (permalink)

New one arrived today and got a free battery out of the deal. Not too shabby
Old 01-25-2016, 11:35 PM   #8 (permalink)

WOW that's a buck fifty right there - NICE !!!
Old 01-25-2016, 11:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

Sure is. WAY CHEAPER than a potential lawsuit for someone's injury due to a faulty trigger. Smart business for sure.
Old 01-26-2016, 05:22 AM   #10 (permalink)

That was a bit out of hand the way that thing started spinning.
36505 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in