First ice. - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2016, 07:58 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default First ice.

Well, sure looking like it's going to be a late start this year. Maybe the latest we've ever had? Granby has just in the last week getting into the twenties at night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2016, 08:05 AM   #2 (permalink)

we can hope...my car has been running in the driveway for 7 weeks to contribute to global warming...and to help keep old man Winter in Canada where his smelly ass belongs...
Old 11-12-2016, 09:19 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman View Post
we can hope...my car has been running in the driveway for 7 weeks to contribute to global warming...and to help keep old man Winter in Canada where his smelly ass belongs...
Buhahahaha! Well I've been keeping my freezer open and throwing bags of ice in the lakes.
ducky540 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2016, 10:17 AM   #4 (permalink)

lol you suck!!!!!!!...time to leave all 3 vehicles running...plus my boat motor in a barrel...
Old 11-13-2016, 08:03 AM   #5 (permalink)

I predict that I'll be ice fishing before Thanksgiving and then head South!!
Old 11-13-2016, 09:18 AM   #6 (permalink)

If we are taking bets..... my guess is at least here on the Western slope we won't be ice fishing much before Christmas. Hopefully I am wrong as I'm looking forward to getting back on the ice.
Pilotfly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2016, 02:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

I hiked in to one of my early early spots this morning. Wide open. Iced that area first week of November last year and late October the two years before. Saw elk well above 11k still. Good luck. I probably won't try again for another two or three weeks.
fishslap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2016, 08:07 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishslap View Post
I hiked in to one of my early early spots this morning. Wide open. Iced that area first week of November last year and late October the two years before. Saw elk well above 11k still. Good luck. I probably won't try again for another two or three weeks.
I remember your reports early in the season last year! They got me excited for the cold.
dallasdb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2016, 10:28 AM   #9 (permalink)

I am actually looking forward to it this year. Go figure, for once i want ice....and it's like the worst year in history for ice smh
rivrunnr1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2016, 11:18 AM   #10 (permalink)

We should set up a "Squares" bet like for football scores and everybody PayPals $1.

The squares will be the December and January calendar and we pick a body of water to watch until it ices over.

You don't get to pick the squares. When all the squares are purchased we put all the names in a hat and just pick one by one to get through the dates.

Evergreen would be a good body of water since they have a live webcam.

http://www.thisisevergreen.com/everg...-lake-web-cam/
dallasdb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in