Dillon - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2017, 11:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Dillon

Is Dillon worth the drive? Had some fun this summer but only because I was already there. Half the places I wanted to be weren't accessible by shore. Are the kokes and char common-ish or am I gonna pull a bunch of 12" trout out of there?
Thenewguy76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2017, 10:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenewguy76 View Post
or am I gonna pull a bunch of 12" trout out of there?
Mainly stockers, but the catching will be fun and you'll stand a chance at some char.
Dakota is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2017, 12:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

Never fished it and I could be wrong but I think you missed the kokes. I usually see people posting reports that first ice on the snake river inlet is when they get the kokes.

There are some massive lake trout that Fordo, Randy Ford, has posted from fishing Dillon.

However, Fordo is a guide. I don't think the average Joe would know where to get the pigs he has caught from there.
dallasdb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2017, 12:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasdb View Post
Never fished it and I could be wrong but I think you missed the kokes. I usually see people posting reports that first ice on the snake river inlet is when they get the kokes.

There are some massive lake trout that Fordo, Randy Ford, has posted from fishing Dillon.

However, Fordo is a guide. I don't think the average Joe would know where to get the pigs he has caught from there.
There aren't any lakers in Dillon, at least that are known of. I believe Fordo ventures to other bodies of water to find his big lakers.
Dakota is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2017, 01:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

you might be thinking of granby Dallas. There are kokes in Dillon in theory they can be caught through the ice. seems like my friends out of state that get kokes through ice luck into them while trout fishing. I'm really over trout for the time being.
Old 01-19-2017, 01:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

I thought this thread was Dillon but reread it and he got a tip from Redleader, TNG you are probably right, good chance this is Granby.

https://www.coloradofisherman.com/for...ck-friday.html
dallasdb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2017, 06:08 PM   #7 (permalink)

I was up there about two weeks ago with two buddies. We caught a mix of 8-9 inch Kokes and 12 inch Rainbows. It was a lot of fun but nothing really worth keeping. Bite died after about 10:30
Santiago84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2017, 06:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santiago84 View Post
I was up there about two weeks ago with two buddies. We caught a mix of 8-9 inch Kokes and 12 inch Rainbows. It was a lot of fun but nothing really worth keeping. Bite died after about 10:30
that sounds like a huge bummer. given the awfulness of the drive I'd be way way less than thrilled. at least catching stockers in the summer you can watch all of the snow bunnies on their paddle boards. I don't suppose they're out in winter
Old 01-20-2017, 08:21 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
There aren't any lakers in Dillon, at least that are known of. I believe Fordo ventures to other bodies of water to find his big lakers.
You are correct sir, and I do not guide for lakers, I like fishing for them so much i would not want to compromise my own fishing time, or my honey holes.

And if yall want to keep tabs on Dillon, I post somewhat frequent trip reports on the Alpine Fishing Adventures face book page.

http://www.facebook.com/Alpine-Fishi...38256/?fref=ts
Fordo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in