Lake Loveland - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2017, 10:47 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Lake Loveland

I remember hearing a lot of info on this lake last lear, and I've never iced it. I've been icing a lot of the loveland/berthoud area lakes, but am wondering about Loveland this season and why I'm not hearing anything. Anyone been out or see people icing there?

The CPW fish survey hasn't been updated since 2011 but I heard its a decent perch lake among other things.
bradfish06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2017, 12:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

Have you posted a report from all the lakes that you fished yet? I have noticed that you asked about certain lakes a few times but have yet to post a fishing report. Give and take dude.
lovetofish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2017, 01:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

Brutal!
slayerfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2017, 02:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

hey man, I'm in the same boat as you. I'm new here so I havent given a lot but have taken or asked a few times.

Loveland lake is one of my favorite places to fish in the summer. I have never landed a perch there, but I always have a good time catching small mouth, large mouth, and even a few crappie by the inlet area. That's north of the boat ramp fishing along the concrete rip rap. I have never ice fished it but I really want to try it soon. I know that this past fall the lake was really low! I'm not sure if that's because of irrigation or what, but if it's still that low right now, I just hope it didn't get low enough to have any winter kill or anything like that.
Go try it out and let us know!
Kamm1004 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2017, 02:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetofish View Post
Have you posted a report from all the lakes that you fished yet? I have noticed that you asked about certain lakes a few times but have yet to post a fishing report. Give and take dude.
I post all kinds of reports and always answer peoples questions if they ask. Not sure where you are getting this from? Because I asked earlier this year what the ice conditions were on Evergreen? Just trying to save a drive. I never ask people for fishing spots or tips.

I think someone needs to eat a snickers and go fish.
Old 01-25-2017, 02:23 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamm1004 View Post
hey man, I'm in the same boat as you. I'm new here so I havent given a lot but have taken or asked a few times.

Loveland lake is one of my favorite places to fish in the summer. I have never landed a perch there, but I always have a good time catching small mouth, large mouth, and even a few crappie by the inlet area. That's north of the boat ramp fishing along the concrete rip rap. I have never ice fished it but I really want to try it soon. I know that this past fall the lake was really low! I'm not sure if that's because of irrigation or what, but if it's still that low right now, I just hope it didn't get low enough to have any winter kill or anything like that.
Go try it out and let us know!
I'll probably do that! Its on my list of lakes to scout along with Boedecker and Lon Hagler this coming weekend. Will definitely post ice conditions.
Old 01-25-2017, 03:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfish06 View Post
I think someone needs to eat a snickers and go fish.

mrwigglestheworm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2017, 05:03 PM   #8 (permalink)

Man, I am coming to like this Bradfish guy. He is one of us.

I'll be straight about Loveland cause it was a favorite lake of mine until the King bro's kinda whored out the best ice spot on the lake. It had a little bit of everything in it, we would catch, gills, crappies, largies, smallies and the occasional walleye thru the ice there. It has zero structure so you gotta move a lot, and IF you find some structure keep it to yourself. Or you will never be able to get on top of it again.

It was very low last year or the year before so I dont know what is left in there. I almost went there this December to check ice and see if anyone forgot about the spot, but I didnt.
Biggie Smalls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2017, 05:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

Who are the King bro's?
dallasdb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2017, 06:38 PM   #10 (permalink)

I heard it's been the dead sea since the floods.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in