Colorado Fishing Forum

Colorado Fishing Forum (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/index.php)
-   Colorado Ice Fishing (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Kind of interesting tonight...Bernie was asked about auger hole size tonight... (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35589)

Zman 12-02-2008 10:50 PM

Kind of interesting tonight...Bernie was asked about auger hole size tonight...

He uses an 8 inch power auger...and has gotten some pretty big fish through the ice...before I left I remember him telling a story of big fish at Granby coming through a six hole that I remembered him saying he witnessed...he said it was the state record at one time...37 pounds...and came through a 6 inch hole...he goes with the 8 cuz it cuts quicker, uses less gas and is lighter weight...plus you wont snap your leg off in one...

da_teacher 12-02-2008 10:57 PM

Re: Kind of interesting tonight...Bernie was asked about auger hole size tonight

Quote:

Originally Posted by zman
He uses an 8 inch power auger...and has gotten some pretty big fish through the ice...before I left I remember him telling a story of big fish at Granby coming through a six hole that I remembered him saying he witnessed...he said it was the state record at one time...37 pounds...and came through a 6 inch hole...he goes with the 8 cuz it cuts quicker, uses less gas and is lighter weight...plus you wont snap your leg off in one...

Holy crap...guess you were right sir!

odaon 12-02-2008 11:00 PM

Re: Kind of interesting tonight...Bernie was asked about auger hole size tonight

Haha, Z is always right.

hobiecat 12-02-2008 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orion
Haha, Z is always right.

:D :D ::) ::) ::) ::)

odaon 12-02-2008 11:09 PM

;)

DonInDurango 12-02-2008 11:10 PM

Re: Kind of interesting tonight...Bernie was asked about auger hole size tonight...

I used an 8" all last winter. This year I'm going back to a 10". The difficulty with a smaller diameter hole is getting a big fish's head turned up into it. It's just easier with the larger diameter hole.

Yes, size does matter. ;D

Zman 12-03-2008 05:02 AM

Re: Kind of interesting tonight...Bernie was asked about auger hole size tonight...

Quote:

Originally Posted by gofindyourowndamnfish
I used an 8" all last winter. This year I'm going back to a 10". The difficulty with a smaller diameter hole is getting a big fish's head turned up into it. It's just easier with the larger diameter hole.

Geez...old guys losing head control...is that what I have to look forward to?!...

DonInDurango 12-03-2008 05:06 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Geez...old guys losing head control...is that what I have to look forward to?!...

There are so many potential respones...... Unfortunately, they're all in really poor taste. :D

Zman 12-03-2008 05:16 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

There are so many potential respones...... Unfortunately, they're all in really poor taste. :D

And that's stopped you before?!...it really is a quieter gentler lake trout mafia Don...it must be Christmas time!...<angels playing their harps>...bwahaahahahahahahhahaaa...

Zman 12-03-2008 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hobiecat
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orion
Haha, Z is always right.

:D :D ::) ::) ::) ::)

And dont you forget it Mister!...