Kind of interesting tonight...Bernie was asked about auger hole size tonight... - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2008, 11:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Kind of interesting tonight...Bernie was asked about auger hole size tonight...

He uses an 8 inch power auger...and has gotten some pretty big fish through the ice...before I left I remember him telling a story of big fish at Granby coming through a six hole that I remembered him saying he witnessed...he said it was the state record at one time...37 pounds...and came through a 6 inch hole...he goes with the 8 cuz it cuts quicker, uses less gas and is lighter weight...plus you wont snap your leg off in one...
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2008, 11:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Kind of interesting tonight...Bernie was asked about auger hole size tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
He uses an 8 inch power auger...and has gotten some pretty big fish through the ice...before I left I remember him telling a story of big fish at Granby coming through a six hole that I remembered him saying he witnessed...he said it was the state record at one time...37 pounds...and came through a 6 inch hole...he goes with the 8 cuz it cuts quicker, uses less gas and is lighter weight...plus you wont snap your leg off in one...
Holy crap...guess you were right sir!

Anything bigger than what I have caught!

da_teacher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2008, 12:00 AM   #3 (permalink)

Default Re: Kind of interesting tonight...Bernie was asked about auger hole size tonight

Haha, Z is always right.
odaon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2008, 12:02 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion
Haha, Z is always right.
hobiecat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2008, 12:09 AM   #5 (permalink)

odaon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2008, 12:10 AM   #6 (permalink)

Default Re: Kind of interesting tonight...Bernie was asked about auger hole size tonight...

I used an 8" all last winter. This year I'm going back to a 10". The difficulty with a smaller diameter hole is getting a big fish's head turned up into it. It's just easier with the larger diameter hole.

Yes, size does matter.

Old 12-03-2008, 06:02 AM   #7 (permalink)

Default Re: Kind of interesting tonight...Bernie was asked about auger hole size tonight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofindyourowndamnfish
I used an 8" all last winter. This year I'm going back to a 10". The difficulty with a smaller diameter hole is getting a big fish's head turned up into it. It's just easier with the larger diameter hole.

Yes, size does matter.
Geez...old guys losing head control...is that what I have to look forward to?!...
Old 12-03-2008, 06:06 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:

Yes, size does matter.
Geez...old guys losing head control...is that what I have to look forward to?!...
There are so many potential respones...... Unfortunately, they're all in really poor taste.

Old 12-03-2008, 06:16 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, size does matter.
There are so many potential respones...... Unfortunately, they're all in really poor taste.
And that's stopped you before?!...it really is a quieter gentler lake trout mafia Don...it must be Christmas time!...<angels playing their harps>...bwahaahahahahahahhahaaa...
Old 12-03-2008, 06:17 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobiecat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion
Haha, Z is always right.
And dont you forget it Mister!...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in