Night Fishing - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2008, 09:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Night Fishing

Think about doing some night ice fishing. What do you all think about it? An can you night fish at Antero? Looked on the DOW site but they didn't say any thing.
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2008, 09:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Night Fishing

You should be able to night fish there, i didn't see anything in the reg book about it closing. I think it would be worth a shot, i've always done good in the summer night fishing for trout.

ICE FISHING KICKS A$$!

Beer, Bait & Ammo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2008, 09:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

not sure about antero, but a lot of lakes require you to stay with your shelter, and you WILL NEED a shelter. you can't leave it alone on the ice and go warm up in the truck.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

A shelter will be a must thank's for the info.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

I thought it was 1/2 before and after sunset at Antero?

Anything bigger than what I have caught!

da_teacher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2008, 01:59 AM   #6 (permalink)

I remember seeing people out at Elevenmile in cabin style huts (5600's and 6800's) staying out there going for pike and stuff late at night. I know that you'll need to have some anchors for your hut wherever you go (wind is a pain in the arse!) and will definitely want a heater (if you have a buddy heater, get the extension hose to hook up a 5 gal propane tank and you'll be toasty all night). Oh, lighting is important too. The little 'flying saucer' light that HT Enterprises makes is enough to keep you wide awake - and just runs on AA batteries so nothing fancy there - Sportsmans and Gander usually have these.

Same thing with night fishing - take something good to eat, dress warmly, and for pete's sake, wear cleats if the ice is not covered with snow - nothing stanks more than falling on your arse when you go outside to chase down a tipup or howl at the moon or whatever, in the dark!

FishinGal
Got Fish?
More importantly, SET THE HOOK!

I still say he married me because he took me ice fishing and I still wanted to go fishing with him again!
fishingal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2008, 08:06 AM   #7 (permalink)

It varies with the lake.

Antero Regs: The lake is open 1/2 hour before sunrise and closed 1/2 hour after sunset. I just read this in a pamphlet from Park County. You can stay at the camping area, but they do enforce the fishing regs. There was a post here last year from some guys who were caught drinking and not fit to drive over on the North shore after dark. I believe 11 Mile is similar -- I've heard about guys getting chased off the lake after dark.

Chatfield: The park is open until something like 10:00pm, after that you are supposed to be at the camping area. I know plenty of people stay out on boats or the spillway and fish all night though.
albow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2008, 08:25 AM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mista tuan

Quote:
Originally Posted by albow

Chatfield: The park is open until something like 10:00pm, after that you are supposed to be at the camping area. I know plenty of people stay out on boats or the spillway and fish all night though.
your saying this applies for summer too? because i know i have been checked during the spring and summer past 10pm before, and nothing was ever stated for me to leave to the camp site
18"+ Walleye [DONE 18.5"] | 12"+ Perch | 15" Crappie (12") | 10" Bluegill | 30" Rainbow/Cutbow (18") | 30" Laker | any sized Catfish | 12"+ Whitebass [DONE 17"] | 15"+ Wiper [DONE 24"] | any sized Striper
mista tuan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2008, 11:04 AM   #9 (permalink)

11 Mile only has a restriction posted for boating one-half hour before sunrise or after sunset. Spinney definitely closes the park during those hours. Don't know about Antero.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
OG LOKE

Did quite a bit of night ice fishing last season...mostly down here along the frontrange...Chatty...Boyd ect. Nice to have the whole place to yourself!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in