Cabela Predator Extreme Pac Boot and Ice Cleats - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2008, 09:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Cabela Predator Extreme Pac Boot and Ice Cleats

It is good to see everybody talking about cleats as I think you have to have them if you are out on the ice. Last year I got an awesome pair of Cabela Predator Extreme Pac Boots:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...pod&id=0020833

So far, I haven't been successful finding cleats for these boots that are handy and easy to put on. If you have a pair, you know these are MASSIVE boots. Some of the different slip on/stretch kind of cleats either have trouble staying on or are just too small.

I'm ready to get a good pair of cleats to go with these boots - fellow Predator fans, what's out there that works good with these big boots?

Thanks
CaptainHookkk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2008, 09:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Cabela Predator Extreme Pac Boot and Ice Cleats

I have put tech screws in the bottom of my boots. It has worked for several years and still no leaks or anything. kinda redneck but it works for me and I am 250 lbs.
watersport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2008, 09:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

I just put some sheet metal screws around the edges of mine.

https://www.coloradofisherman.com/for...?topic=38618.0

I think it will work great, I used 3/8 inch screws - but I don't know yet, because I added them last weekend and have not tried them with the screws yet.

Last year I used cat tracks or something like that. It worked fine after you got them on the boot.

tal0362 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2008, 06:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
P I K E

I use these with my Sorel Kodiaks, Best out there IMO!!!
http://tinyurl.com/6x9z6o
Old 12-17-2008, 09:08 AM   #5 (permalink)

Hey Captain-

I wear the Predators in a size 13-best boot ever, but I really have a hard time with cleats. I'm currently using the HT safety treads, but it takes awhile to stretch them on the 13's. If you are in a smaller shoe size, they may work better.
I'm considering cutting the heel strap to make it bigger, they'd work great then.

I've had no problems with the cleats seperating, popping out, etc.

kernstb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2008, 11:07 AM   #6 (permalink)

go to www.32north.com as they're the guys that make the Stabilicers that Randy and I have. We got ours from Larry at 11 Mile Sports - and now I find out we have them at BPS.
They go up to HUGE - big enough to fit on Randy's Ice King II's (the ones LaCrosse doesn't make anymore!) and his Baffins. His Ice Kings are 12's, and Baffins are 12's too.

They are a ginormous Vibram sole with webbing straps with velcro and the cleats are like the cleats for wading boots - can be removed and replaced with a screw gun.

Though y'know, if you have some ginormous flip flops or similar sandals, screws and something to strap 'em on to your boots, that might work too.

I lost countless stretch-on cleats on my old LaCrosse size 8 ladies boots at places like the 'Mile, before I upgraded boots and got the Stabilicers. My Baffins are size 9 (huge for me), but that's on a size Small Stabilicer - I'm not kidding, they run huge! Their largest size accommodates a size 15-16 shoe!

FishinGal
Got Fish?
More importantly, SET THE HOOK!

I still say he married me because he took me ice fishing and I still wanted to go fishing with him again!
fishingal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2008, 11:39 AM   #7 (permalink)

i also wear 13 boots and found oversize cleats at Gander in Aurora
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2008, 09:23 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks for the ideas and suggestions..... I really like the idea of putting screws in the soles, but I have wooden floors in the house and I'm afraid I'd forget and ruin the floor. The other suggestions and makes and where to get them are much appreciated as it will help me zoom in on the search a little more. I've thought about making something too but my project list is a little long right now and time is short.

Thanks to you all - I think I'm going to end up with the good cleats these boots deserve!

CaptainHookkk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in