Arctic Armor sizing and durability opinions needed - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2008, 11:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Arctic Armor sizing and durability opinions needed

Greetings all,
I saw a previous post regarding Arctic Armor clothes. Did a little shopping on line and the sizing seems big for the size ... like I should be a small for chest size. Can anyone attest to what size they comfortably wear and how big a boy are ya? I normally wear large for my 5'-10" frame at 180 pounds, but not sure about these clothes.

Anyone happen to know who might stock it in the Colorado Springs area? I don't recall seeing them at Sportsman's Warehouse.

Jeff

"Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll spend all of his money on tackle, teach his children to be responsible conservationists, and most likely have a huge honey-do list at the end of the day."
ColoAngler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2008, 01:01 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Arctic Armor sizing and durability opinions needed

as far i know no one sell them here in colorado i'm 5'9 245 # let them order them for you if not right you can send them back i talk to a service person. give them your size and all i'm going to buy me one at tax time for next year
lj flyfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2008, 07:57 AM   #3 (permalink)

Artic Armor is WARM!!

I recieved mine about a week ago and due to no time to fish have been wearing it while woodworking outside here in Granby. Last night was a chilly one but I stayed warm all night with only sweats on underneath.

The suit is very lightweight and comfortable, and the padded knees and rear are a real plus. The only problem I see is some of the stitching on the shoudler straps looks a bit week, but it is nothing a quick reinforcement cant sturdy up.

I am 6'3, 250 lbs, and usually wear tall sized clothing....The XL suit fits perfect.
begreenbuildblue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2008, 10:46 AM   #4 (permalink)

I'm exactly your size and wear a Large fits good with layers below... The only thing I don't like about them is they cut easy in the cold and you can't get the patch material to stick (got patch material from Clam and use adhesive they suggested). I have had mine for 4 seasons now.
GrWhite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2008, 07:57 PM   #5 (permalink)

Are you guys talking Arctic Armor or Ice Armor?

Hubby and I have Ice Armor Blue Suits. Have had since Xmas '05 (me) and Feb '06 (him). Have been very happy with results. Wind and Water PROOF, not resistant. Padded knees and seat, fifty gajillion pockets all over the place, fly patch, neoprene cuffs. Good, tough suits.

I wear a medium, his is a large. I wear large to XL ladies gear, he wears men's XL's and suit fits him well. (He wears a 40x32 in pants and a 46-48 jacket and has long arms). Nice to have bibs that he can take off over his Ice King II boots, which he couldn't do with his Carhartt bibs!

Really is like wearing a ice hut on your back. Fished in the wind on Friday and sure made a difference walking across the pond!

FishinGal
Got Fish?
More importantly, SET THE HOOK!

I still say he married me because he took me ice fishing and I still wanted to go fishing with him again!
fishingal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2008, 10:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

there talking about arctic armor they let you float if you fall in the ice and stay warm till help comes thats way i'm buying one don't want to sink below the ice with a regular suit

fishingal go to there website and checkout the video at arctic armor
lj flyfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2008, 08:53 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingal
Are you guys talking Arctic Armor or Ice Armor?

Hubby and I have Ice Armor Blue Suits. Have had since Xmas '05 (me) and Feb '06 (him). Have been very happy with results. Wind and Water PROOF, not resistant. Padded knees and seat, fifty gajillion pockets all over the place, fly patch, neoprene cuffs. Good, tough suits.

I wear a medium, his is a large. I wear large to XL ladies gear, he wears men's XL's and suit fits him well. (He wears a 40x32 in pants and a 46-48 jacket and has long arms). Nice to have bibs that he can take off over his Ice King II boots, which he couldn't do with his Carhartt bibs!

Really is like wearing a ice hut on your back. Fished in the wind on Friday and sure made a difference walking across the pond!
I was looking at the Arctic Armor, but I believe I've seen more folks wearing the Ice Armor. Not sure the difference in warmth. My girl is a size 10/12 in normal clothes, so I'm trying to find her something to help keep her on the ice a little more comfortable than she is in the tent when the heater is going.

I guess I'll investigate both. She's only 5'-1" so there is a little issue with getting something that fits her comfortable but isn't too long in the legs/arms.

Jeff

"Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll spend all of his money on tackle, teach his children to be responsible conservationists, and most likely have a huge honey-do list at the end of the day."
ColoAngler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in