FISH TV? - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2008, 06:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default FISH TV?

Its my birthday today and i just got a FISH TV underwater camera from my dad. Anybody use one before? If so how are they? Do they work well? He also got me one of the big 12 volt rechargable battery for it for me. One last question, the lights on the fish camera, are they supposed to light up visably or no? Thanks a ton!

343.. Never forget!!
fireguy10720 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2008, 06:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: FISH TV?

put it in the bathtub and find out !
Old 12-22-2008, 06:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

i got one for x-mas last year and used it alot. the lights are infared i am assuming that they are that way so they don't scare the fish.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

Anybody else have any experience with these??

343.. Never forget!!
Old 12-23-2008, 03:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

Bought one last year and I really like it. It is much more than just a toy once you figure out how to use it as a tool. I usually have mine set on one of my rod presentations so I can see fish come in. Helps to figure out your presentation a bunch as you can see how the fish are reacting to what you are doing. It gives you a great visual of the structure you are fishing as well. You'll be glad you have one when you get out to use it.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

Notice that little hook-looking thingy on the tail? It's the little cutout on the back.

Try hanging your cam from the tail so you can see down instead of the insanity of having to turn the darn cam to see you jig, etc. It's just like looking down the hole when you're sight fishing. You'll see your jig drift down there, see what's on the bottom and swimming around down there, see the fish come up and inspect your jig, and either turn up their noses (change jigs) or inhale it (set the hook!). If you fish with the lights on, you can see your line down there too, even fluoro. The fish still don't see the fluoro. Some will even check out the camera - and it's cool to see the fish up close!

Fishing with your underwater camera like this turns ice fishing into a video game - i.e. pull the jig out of the mouths of the little guys so the big ones can get it! Once you've done it, you'll seriously consider turning your depth finder off and using the battery as a backup when the camera battery poops out! (They all use a 7AH 12v battery. We carry a spare for that very reason!) This is also perfect when you fish shallow ponds like up at Golden Gate Park (Kriley is less than 10 feet), and we were having such a hard time interpreting returns on the Vexilars and subsequently missing a lot of bites that we just hung out in the ice hut and fished by tv! A camera helps you interpret what you're seeing on the Vexilar. Great teaching tool. Not to mention cool!

FishinGal
Got Fish?
More importantly, SET THE HOOK!

I still say he married me because he took me ice fishing and I still wanted to go fishing with him again!
fishingal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2008, 04:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

You the Man FishinGal!
Old 12-23-2008, 04:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

I almost bought one today...may go back and get it tomorrow. Thanks to all for input!
Old 12-23-2008, 05:07 PM   #9 (permalink)

Thanks for all the info. I am stoked to get out and use it!

343.. Never forget!!
Old 12-23-2008, 09:43 PM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to QuickRelease

I bought an Aqua-Vu on Ebay the other day. It should be here tomorrow. I was talking to some guys about it and they told me to hook it up to a downrigger cable and attach a release to it. That way you can watch your lure as you're trolling. They said it's amazing how many fish follow your lure while you're trolling. Can't wait to try that after ice fising seson.
QuickRelease is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in