How Are The Show Downs Performing? - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2008, 12:18 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default How Are The Show Downs Performing?

I did a search and checked out everything on the site about Show Downs. I've looked at them and like what I see, but know that there has been some controversary about them in the past. I'm interested in getting one and thought I would ask you owners about any updates you might have on their performance thus far this season!

Thanks!!
CaptainHookkk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2008, 12:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
OG LOKE

Default Re: How Are The Show Downs Performing?

I'm sure andyrm66 will chime in on here.

From what i have seen (one night ice fishing)...i like the way the perform...nicely lit up display!
Old 12-26-2008, 12:28 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0diak

From what i have seen (one night ice fishing)...i like the way the perform...nicely lit up display!
I chime in on Showdowns, you chime in on being the rainbow princess, LOL Jk buddie!

I love my showdown, used Vex's both work, for the bang for the buck Showdown was right for me. No LCD problems cause its heated, (can be toruned on and off) has a backlit, Fast, bottom zoom, 40+ hours of run time on a single charge. $229 or so, what else would you like to know. Its really about what fits you the best. Theres nothing worng with a Vex or Marcum, in my mind the showdown fit my needs the best and I thought it was the best bang for the buck. Their customer support has been top notch when I break or lose a part, shipped free and fast!
andyrm66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2008, 12:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
OG LOKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyrm66
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0diak

I chime in on Showdowns, you chime in on being the rainbow princess, LOL Jk buddie!
Old 12-27-2008, 09:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

I bought and used one last year and I feel it is right on target, considering the price. Not the absolute best, but really everything a guy needs. The controversy was over the previous model, and it was due to the screen freezing, which the Showdown model resolved. The screen heater does use more battery, so only use it when you need to. If/when they go color, it will take the market by storm. You heard it here first. I got so frustrated with the Lowrance saga I went through, I called Nature Vision BEFORE I bought it, and made the guy swear it would live up to the sales brochure and all the marketing hype. It works just lke they said it would.
deadstick dave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2008, 04:01 AM   #6 (permalink)

As soon as it goes to a color screen I'll have one too! It would be great for hike in trips 'cause it's so small. The Vex can get heavy.
fishinlooney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2008, 09:33 AM   #7 (permalink)

check out this youtube link, pretty cool, looks like a Showdown may be sharing some icetime with my Vex.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HY98qTatd4
gullunkerson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2008, 03:59 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks a lot for the feedback everybody...... the suggested video was great. I think that I'm going to moving towards getting one and am going to start looking for a "deal". It sounds like a good machine. Color would be a good addition, but I can live with B/W fine too.
CaptainHookkk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2008, 09:43 PM   #9 (permalink)

I have one and it works great for me. I have fished with guys that have had the vex and my showdown will block them out and stay clear. My one friend went and sold his due to he could not use his vex with my showdown. They work great no more taking a two battary's for a two day trip. The only problem I have had with mine is the little arm that comes out to hold the cable breaks easliy. Just go get a float for it. I have used both and like the showdown alot more do to size, read out, and battary life. For the money you couldn't do better. When they get a colored one I will be in line to get one. If you would like to see it work I will go with you and show you just how nice they are I'm off till Jan 6 so I will be at some lake.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:07 PM   #10 (permalink)

I bought the 2007/2008 model at Dicks on Powers down in Colorado Springs in early Dec '08 for $179 plus I had a couple for 20% off one purchase. I had called the Show Down folks who told me to buy it and they would load the new software on it and I would, in effect, have the current model. There was a problem with the software load so they are sending me the 2008/2009 model PLUS the prototype model for the 2009/2010 season. I can't say much about the unit yet but I will tell you I am very impressed with the customer service. Dick's still has one in stock and they had a $15 off coupon in the Sunday (1/4/09) Gazette.

Good luck!
CMPAPPAS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in