seeman res. - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2008, 03:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Jig head
Default seeman res.

Does anybody have any info on seeman res. I heard a rumor that there wasnt much water in there?
Jig head is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2008, 05:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: seeman res.

There is water in Seaman, more each day. Just don't know if there are any fish, I'd love to hear a report.
troutnut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2009, 12:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

I haven't fished it, I know they dropped the lake and had water flowing through for a week at most. I heard from Dwayne at Betty's that they dredged it, but a reliable person that works for the city said that they dropped the lake, and didn't have the equipment to pull up the trees and crap, so they just filled it back up. Amazing foresight by government employees once again hey.
Troutdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2009, 07:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

Walked up there today on a family hike. I do not have plans to fish it until the dam gates are fixed, since I saw it drained last summer. Water level is about 20 ft low from usual. It has dropped about 2' from when it froze this year. Now there is broken ice about 10-20 ft from shore with open water and thin ice in this edge area. With the low level of water, I wonder if they are planning repairs this spring. Anyway, forget it for a couple of years.

s
Shoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2009, 08:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

okay, so I have one important question. if they drained it and killed a large amt of perch, do you think that the trout would die by being forced to live in a river? I don't think they would, but if they eat perch as a base along w/ many a crawdad, don't you think there may be good trout and low forage? Thus hungry fish. I am going to try it at some point and I really haven't heard from anyone who has. I don't know if they will have safe ice unless it gets extremely cold so it may have to wait til spring
Old 01-01-2009, 08:49 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Jig head

tahnks for the replies now it would have been nice to have some ice to fish it but this is colorado 3 weeks to make ice and 4 days to get rid of it.
Jig head is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2009, 08:51 PM   #7 (permalink)

Could live in the midwest where they are just dusting off their equipment ey?
Old 01-02-2009, 08:31 AM   #8 (permalink)

Troutdog. After they drained it and starting refilling this past summer/fall, I did another hike up there. There was a fishkill of all the species, perch, suckers, and brown trout (some rainbows, too) - not a minor one. Sure some of each survived but we are talking about reducing say 500 acres to less than 1 acre of water and back again. My opinion is that it wasn't a great fishery to start with but it will take a while for even the highly prolific perch to regain their numbers there. It is still a scenic walk.

s
Old 01-02-2009, 09:36 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutdog
I haven't fished it, I know they dropped the lake and had water flowing through for a week at most. I heard from Dwayne at Betty's that they dredged it, but a reliable person that works for the city said that they dropped the lake, and didn't have the equipment to pull up the trees and crap, so they just filled it back up. Amazing foresight by government employees once again hey.
Hey dog have you ever tried to fix something and you needed to use plan B?
Most "G" employees are just hard working public servants.
Seaman wasn't dredged, the gates needed some work and they are now fixed.
troutnut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2009, 03:35 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutnut
... and they are now fixed.
I don't know this to be true. I understood that it was drained and they did not have the equipment to fix the problem, so they refilled to try another time. Do you have information on this that you can share?

s

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in