Colorado Fishing Forum

Colorado Fishing Forum (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/index.php)
-   Colorado Ice Fishing (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Why do pink rat finkees work so well on trout... (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36767)

Zman 01-04-2009 06:49 PM

Why do pink rat finkees work so well on trout...

I know that trout are some of the dumbest critters that swim...you watch one swim down a shoreline and they sample everything that falls in front of them...sticks, bugs, leaves, cottonwood seeds...you name it...

But in the scud and invertebrae infested waters of ElevenMile, Antero, North Park where the entire food base is olive or brown...they grab flourescent pink like it is going out of business and is a collectors item...

Is it just cuz it stands out and they sample it like everything else...it doesnt make any sense but it works...

colonative 01-04-2009 06:51 PM

Re: Why do pink rat finkees work so well on trout...

Maybe they're all males and "Think Pink", :D :D :D

Zman 01-04-2009 06:52 PM

Great...leave it to ColoPervert...

unclejay 01-04-2009 06:53 PM

I'de eat it if it were pink! wouldn't you?

mrwigglestheworm 01-04-2009 07:04 PM

Man, this thread didn't even make it out of the 1st page before it went degenerate! :D :D

albow 01-04-2009 07:11 PM

Scuds turn pink (like cooked shrimp) when they die. Might have something to do with that.

unclejay 01-04-2009 07:16 PM

thanks mister sience but theres more to it then that maybe jangalang will tell us? O0

colonative 01-04-2009 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albow
Scuds turn pink (like cooked shrimp) when they die. Might have something to do with that.

Good point. Pink seems to be the flavor of choice but hasn't even been workin for me lately. Gonna fish the Lake John tourney this comin weekend and I'm stinkin soooo bad this year I don't know what to try. Pink rats of some sort will still be in my ammunition. Goin with Z and a couple of his buddies, I'm gonna fish it with the intent to land a decent fish.

dloring 01-04-2009 07:23 PM

ok degenerates...its because pink stinks...smells putrid to those dumbarse trout...especially when ya cheat and put nitro on it.

unclejay 01-04-2009 07:25 PM

so your saying pink and a little lady fish in heat scent? >:D