Anyone been to or seen Boyd today? - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2009, 06:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Anyone been to or seen Boyd today?

I'd appreciate any info on the ice condition. Even guesses...

Thanks

Old 01-10-2009, 07:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Anyone been to or seen Boyd today?

I hear someone fell though ice today.. By boat house?
Reno NV, Hamburg PA, Rodgers MN,Boise ID,
Kansas City KS, LA Vista NE, Springfeild OR
scottivie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2009, 07:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

Not what I was hoping.. may have to find some open water.. Thanks though! Hope the guys ok...
Old 01-11-2009, 12:01 AM   #4 (permalink)

James, my oldest boy and I went up this afternoon about 3pm. We parked by the swim beach and got on the ice there. There was a good bunch of people around the docks by the marina and one fella just south of the jet ski ramp. First ten feet or so looked a little iffy for my 295lbs but had a change of clothes in the car and the main slab of ice looked good so I went for it. I eased out onto it and the ice was spider webbing with each step. About 8 feet off the bank in maybe 2fow I went through. Had my gore tex on so I didn't get soaked. I climbed out and went down the shore maybe 30 feet and walked out without any problems. By the time I was in 3fow the ice was over five inches and good & hard. Ice got thicker and where I fished in 22fow it was a little over 7inches. Anyone lighter than me would have had no problems getting on at all. She was making ice by the time we left at dusk......was getting good and chillly early. One big puddle out in the usual spot on the north side, everywhere else looked good. Wish I had more time to find the fish. If I didn't have other plans I would be there tomorrow.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:14 AM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mista tuan

i fell through on thursday james. i dont really recommend it. unless you really think jesus is with you.
18"+ Walleye [DONE 18.5"] | 12"+ Perch | 15" Crappie (12") | 10" Bluegill | 30" Rainbow/Cutbow (18") | 30" Laker | any sized Catfish | 12"+ Whitebass [DONE 17"] | 15"+ Wiper [DONE 24"] | any sized Striper
mista tuan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2009, 11:44 AM   #6 (permalink)

Not latley scuba... Glad you're ok!

soulsearcher, thanks for the info. I may give it a shot tomorow. Today I'll try for my fish on a fly a month (it may take me a lot of tries.. )

Thanks everyone for the replies!
Old 01-12-2009, 07:55 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solesearcher34
James, my oldest boy and I went up this afternoon about 3pm. We parked by the swim beach and got on the ice there. There was a good bunch of people around the docks by the marina and one fella just south of the jet ski ramp. First ten feet or so looked a little iffy for my 295lbs but had a change of clothes in the car and the main slab of ice looked good so I went for it. I eased out onto it and the ice was spider webbing with each step. About 8 feet off the bank in maybe 2fow I went through. Had my gore tex on so I didn't get soaked. I climbed out and went down the shore maybe 30 feet and walked out without any problems. By the time I was in 3fow the ice was over five inches and good & hard. Ice got thicker and where I fished in 22fow it was a little over 7inches. Anyone lighter than me would have had no problems getting on at all. She was making ice by the time we left at dusk......was getting good and chillly early. One big puddle out in the usual spot on the north side, everywhere else looked good. Wish I had more time to find the fish. If I didn't have other plans I would be there tomorrow.
You're a brave man. I think if i went through once, that would be the end of the day there for me.
mtman12672 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2009, 08:19 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtman12672
Quote:
Originally Posted by solesearcher34
You're a brave man. I think if i went through once, that would be the end of the day there for me.
If my foot went through, I'd call it a day (at least), if I went down to the waist, that would probably be it for the season, all the way, and I'd be finding a new winter hobby...
Old 01-12-2009, 09:13 AM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mista tuan

lol i went to my hip, and i just ran up to the car and swapped socks. and continued for the rest of the day! lol im stubborn. hahaha
18"+ Walleye [DONE 18.5"] | 12"+ Perch | 15" Crappie (12") | 10" Bluegill | 30" Rainbow/Cutbow (18") | 30" Laker | any sized Catfish | 12"+ Whitebass [DONE 17"] | 15"+ Wiper [DONE 24"] | any sized Striper
mista tuan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in