Ice Armor Suits - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2009, 10:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ice Armor Suits

I was wondering if anyone has one if the armor suits. I am tired of putting on 50 layers granted i usally stay pretty warm however i feel like i lose half of my mobility. I was poking around on ebay and found a few that were around 225$ and some of the extreme ones for 300$.

If not what do you where to stay warm and dry??
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2009, 11:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Ice Armor Suits

I just bought a pair after Christmas. I'm still learning how to use them as I've been layering to much still. I'll get to my spot and am sweaty which leads to coldness. These clothes are completely air tight so you'll not have to layer up as much. I'm a believer if I can figure out the right clothing formula/combination.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

Crazy Angler -
I bought the blue Ice Armor suit this year and wouldn't trade it for anything. I absolutely love it, my body stays warm all the time, I've even fished -20 this year with no problems. I just wear a hooded sweatshirt under the bibs and coat, and when it get's really cold it's very nice. If it warms up a little bit, I take off the coat and am very comfortable. That's where the sweatshirt is really nice. The bibs are also great because of the padding in the knee and butt area. I fish from my knees a lot on the ice and it's not as hard on the knees and also keeps them completely dry at all times. If you're wanting to get one I say go for it, you won't be disappointed.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

Hubby and I have had Ice Armor suits now for 4 seasons - got mine for Christmas of '05 and he got his Valentine's of '06. Have been very pleased with them.

This was back when blue suits were $400. Worth every penny. WindPROOF, WaterPROOF, great zippers, tons of pockets, and padded knees and seat in bibs. Neoprene cuffs on jacket. Roomy. Well thought out.

I still wear 2 layers of long johns - XPS midweights and Under Armour, and 100 gram fleece pants and top, liners and wool socks. I'll sometimes wear a fleece vest and a ThermalPro jacket under the jacket.

Hubby wears long johns and 100g fleece pants, UA tee shirt and long john top, and a fleece pullover. He has the old Ice Armor windstopper jacket with the zip off sleeves and hood. I don't think they make those anymore, but it's a great jacket. Only when it's really cold will he wear his blue suit jacket.

They have saved us from sore butts and sore knees on a number of occasions. Pretty darn good!

FishinGal
Got Fish?
More importantly, SET THE HOOK!

I still say he married me because he took me ice fishing and I still wanted to go fishing with him again!
fishingal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2009, 07:27 AM   #5 (permalink)

Also a fan of the suit. No hut required unless the wind blows and makes presentation difficult. Thermals and fleece are the key to layering underneath. Worth every penny!
fishinlooney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2009, 09:45 AM   #6 (permalink)

No more wet cold pants from kneeling on the ice, I love mine and will not go ice fishing without them, in fact they work good for me too in cold wet days in the boat. Buy'em, you won't regret it.
gullunkerson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2009, 09:53 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingal
Hubby and I have had Ice Armor suits now for 4 seasons - got mine for Christmas of '05 and he got his Valentine's of '06. Have been very pleased with them.

This was back when blue suits were $400. Worth every penny. WindPROOF, WaterPROOF, great zippers, tons of pockets, and padded knees and seat in bibs. Neoprene cuffs on jacket. Roomy. Well thought out.

I still wear 2 layers of long johns - XPS midweights and Under Armour, and 100 gram fleece pants and top, liners and wool socks. I'll sometimes wear a fleece vest and a ThermalPro jacket under the jacket.

Hubby wears long johns and 100g fleece pants, UA tee shirt and long john top, and a fleece pullover. He has the old Ice Armor windstopper jacket with the zip off sleeves and hood. I don't think they make those anymore, but it's a great jacket. Only when it's really cold will he wear his blue suit jacket.

They have saved us from sore butts and sore knees on a number of occasions. Pretty darn good!
Hey gal...do they make them in my size? If so, do you have at BPS? Bernie has them as well and likes them. He has these HUGE boots too...kindda makes him look like Frankenstein. My nephew also has fleece-lined Under Amour. Hard to find.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:16 AM   #8 (permalink)

They are nice. I have a good jacket already so all I need are the pants. They don't sell them separately.
Auger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2009, 11:52 AM   #9 (permalink)

what about the "Arctic Armor" that I have found on the internet?
It is suppose to be the warmest and if you would happen to fall through the ice you would float.
There is no dealer in CO but you can find it on the internet and get it for about $310.
Has anyone used the "Arctic Armor"??
That is what I am going to buy instead of the "Ice Armor"
luv2fish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2009, 12:07 PM   #10 (permalink)

Luv2 - Check out the reviews of the Artic Armour over on the iceshanty
nhurianek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in