what would you do? - Colorado Fishing Forum

View Poll Results: what would you do? if your not in the turny!
fish as though nothing else is going on 42 61.76%
leave to another lake 8 11.76%
fish else where on the lake maybe taking the chance to find another spot 6 8.82%
ask to fish it as well 1 1.47%
enter the turny and fish as compition 5 7.35%
give the fella in the turny some room 6 8.82%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2009, 05:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default what would you do?

this is the thing hit the eleven mile turny and fella not fishing the turny posts up like 20 yrds or less from me knowing I'm fishing the turny and proceeds to fishing. he mentions hes fished it the last three weeks

I'm thinking you know I just paid 70 bucks to day to fish this hole?
do you think you could enter the turny or go fish else where? or how about next to them!

but I'm always the first to say its your land and water to. SO I SAID NOTHING!

do you think its ok or not ok to fish next to this guy , or better yet is polite to fish next to him?
unclejay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2009, 06:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: what would you do?

Just because you're fishing a tournament, why would you think you get some sort of preference??

That sort of attitude on the part of tournament fishermen frosts my you-know-what. Too many tournament guys think that just because they're in a tournament the rest of the world should give them special treatment.

In fairness, Iwould never set up within 60 feet of someone, tournament or no tournament. But you don't get specaial treatment just because you're in the tourney.

Old 02-08-2009, 06:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofindyourowndamnfish
Just because you're fishing a tournament, why would you think you get some sort of preference??

That sort of attitude on the part of tournament fishermen frosts my you-know-what. Too many tournament guys think that just because they're in a tournament the rest of the world should give them special treatment.
I'll second that.
blowfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2009, 06:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

Shoulder to shoulder, you've never crowded a hole? That's tourney fishin. Myself I've done it. Couldn't drag my crap any further so just set up. Watched them catch fish...me nada. Watched others bird dog us at other times...hope they caught a pig. I'd just as soon introduce myself then let it bother me. Holes are holes, not just my secret spots. While I worked hard to find it, I wasn't there 1st.
colonative is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2009, 08:39 AM   #5 (permalink)

Ice fishing's a SOCIAL sport--You fish here and SO SHALL I. !
slayerfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2009, 08:54 AM   #6 (permalink)

Just get a dog that barks at people when get within 100 yards, works for me everytime
Old 02-09-2009, 09:07 AM   #7 (permalink)

I'd fish like I always fish, tourney or no. I'd prefer not to have anyone close enough to touch but whatever.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:07 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofindyourowndamnfish

In fairness, I would never set up within 60 feet of someone, tournament or no tournament. But you don't get special treatment just because you're in the tourney.
x3

I was camping on a beach at Lake Mac about 4 years ago. Had my boat beached and had two rods out from shore. Was doing pretty good fishing. I heard a loud bang and all of a sudden there are 50 boats (some with friggen' rooster tails) racing straight at me from across the lake. Before I knew it, I had 20+ tournament boats fishing my spot, tangling with my lines, all hanging out in front of the spot I was fishing from the beach.

No courtesy shown from the tournament anglers whatsoever and I'm sure if I would have said something I would have been the bad guy.

It's a public lake. Unfortunately, that's what happens on public property sometimes.
xxxxxThat Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2009, 09:42 AM   #9 (permalink)

The last two tourneys I've been the first one to this spot, nobody is within a half mile of me. Both times two guys have come strolling up and punched holes within 50 feet of me. Tourney or no tourney, I would never walk up to somebody and punch holes right next to them when they were out in the middle of "nowhere." However, I've found that that people have less and less respect these days so expectations are generally low.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:31 AM   #10 (permalink)

Ice fishing- about 20' is the limit. Bank fishing- when you get to tangling lines it's way to close. Good job on holding your temper on that one Ed. PK
COLD CASE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in