Losing it!!!!! - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2009, 09:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Losing it!!!!!

So I had a nice long post written out, but hit the back button and lost it, what BS. ANyway I am going nucking futs waiting for ice season. Ive tuned the auger twice, went through gear 3 times. Got really bad when I bought 2 snowmobiles last week. Still have stuff to get ready but want ice to get here now. Feel like an addict or something. I started buying new jigs and the such end of July.

Here, I created a timer, for when I feel I will be fishing for lakers. I know golden gate and and some other high places freeze sooner, but I want laker fishing. Dec 2 is the date I picked as I think Either the weekend before or after will be a safe bet, though a real cold spell would be great get us on ice by second week of november.

Anyone else feel this way?

Heres the timer.

http://timeanddate.com/s/1d64
andyrm66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2009, 06:16 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Losing it!!!!!

Ha ha! Yes, I know what you mean. I doubt I will be on the ice as early as you, though. It's usually closer to Christmas for me, at least for lakers. Antero should be ready by early December for slimers.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:45 AM   #3 (permalink)

I agree I m losing it as well. I went new auger, and i gotta get a few new rods. That's hilarious you bought two snowmobiles last week. LOL
Old 09-22-2009, 07:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
MTK

Guilty! Ice Anglers Anonymous.
I am a ice head (similar to crack head just no drugs needed) and found myself in the basement last night twitching uncontrollably after watching the simulator on my Marcum LX-5. I think it starts in the garage every evening when I pass by the atv tracks and ponder what date I should put them back on. It might be all the staring at the new insulated Ice Armor bibs on the computer here at work though too!
I feel your pain brother.
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2009, 07:19 AM   #5 (permalink)

I can't wait either. Luckily I've got hunting season coming up real quick first. But after that that's all I will be thinking of. Thanksgiving weekend I will be out on the ice though. Of that I am sure!
CaptHook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2009, 07:40 AM   #6 (permalink)

Nope, I left 3 hair dryers running in the yard last night to make sure nothing froze...
Old 09-22-2009, 08:29 PM   #7 (permalink)

I'm getting antsy. Checking ice fishing site for gear, rigging and re rigger everything. Charging my Marcum. Practice my hook setting. Oh boy!!!! I can't wait! And there was snow up by Horsetooth yesterday!!! Oh man.
odaon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in