eskimo z71 auger? - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2009, 05:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default eskimo z71 auger?

Anybody use one or have experience with the eskimo brand and the z71 or z51 in particular? I have an opportunity to get either one for right about 350.00 brand new.

Not a hard core ice fisherman go whenever I can but is not nearly as often as I would like. As much as I might like a lighter one not sure I can justify the price difference. Anyway just looking for some feedback on them.

Thanks
barryg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2009, 07:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: eskimo z71 auger?

I am sure someone here can chime in, it just seems like I havent heard good things about Eskimos...if you dont get the response you are looking for do a search on on www.iceshanty.com...
Old 11-19-2009, 05:46 AM   #3 (permalink)

Default Re: eskimo z71 auger?

I have a Z-51 it is 4 years old now and have never had a problem with it, my buddy has the Z-71 that he got for free as part of a promotion from work. Never had a problem with either one. They are both pretty heavy and the Z-51 with the 10" bit cuts through the ice ok but nothing great. The Z-71 with the 8 " bit takes very little effort to cut through the ice and is very quick. I have had mine start in 30 below weather but they are finicky and you have to get use to priming it just right or it will flood. If I had it to do again I would buy the Strikemaster Mag 2000. They are quite a bit less than $350 ( I think around $330 or so with the 10.25" bit) and cut as fast as my Z-51, the big benefit is they seem to be much lighter than the eskimo's and less finicky, I also believe it has a single blade which is nice when it comes time to replace.
darrin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in