Arctic Armor Suit EDITED 12/8/09 - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2009, 10:04 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Arctic Armor Suit EDITED 12/8/09

EDIT

Just Ordered the NEW Black Arctic Armor!! Guess I got the last medium that they had in stock at http://www.profishingsupply.com.. I sent them an email with all my measurements and height and weight.. they say i am a Medium and medium is the smallest that the black comes in.. Also said they only had 1 in stock so i just went ahead and ordered it!!

Medium was actually WAY too big for me.. So I would suggest checking the actual size chart. The only one i found (http://outdoorprostore.com/arctic-armor.html) Shows i should wear a small.. Which is what is being sent to me on the 2nd attempt

BTW, Great customer service... Sent an email and got a responce within the hour. He even was the one who told me it was the last one in stock, when i mentioned i was planning on ordering on Friday
"Just a heads-up, right now I have only 1 Med Black Suit in stock. I have
more on order but Arctic Armor is in backorder on them right now ---
they're hoping to have them back in stock this week or next, but you never
know for sure until they actually get here. So if you're sold on the Med
Black suit and want to get it right away you might not want to wait.
"

Also when i called to see if i needed to add the gloves to the cart the guy dave that i spoke with(Also was a guy dave that emailed me back)was very cool and a pleasure to work with. He said just order the suit and they will throw the gloves in for free.

Make sure to specify the size gloves you want.. They sent me LARGE!! with a medium suit?? And I ended up needing a small suit and medium gloves BUT!! Dave more than made it up to me by throwing in a set of medium gloves FREE. Even though the mistake was mostly mine!!

They have a special with FREE shipping and FREE gloves if you buy the bibs and jacket.. So I am gunna be getting a whole new ice fishing suit!! Bibs Jacket and Gloves.. Should go well with my Baffin boots

I actually got the wrong size gloves.. Didnt specify what size I wanted because they just throw them in for free... And when i returned the suit i forgot to return the gloves BUT.. DAVE at profishingsupply.com is gunna go ahead and send me another pair of gloves FREE of charge!! YAY

Gunna be fishing in style this year.. and warm

The Black Arctic Armor™ Suit
…..
super warm ….. super lightweight ….. and super buoyant (enough buoyancy to float YOU PLUS 2 OTHERS if you go into the water). Featuring 3 layers of exclusive INSULTEX™ thermal insulation. Revolutionize your ice fishing, snowmobiling and other cold weather outdoor activities with an Arctic Armor All Black Suit!

Arctic Armor Jacket Features Include:

* 100% Poly-Tricot Fabric
* 3 Layers of INSULTEX™ Insulation Provide Sub-Zero Protection
* Waterproof, Windproof, Breathable
* Lightweight, Not Bulky
* Adjustable Hood and Neck Flap to Block Wind
* Two-Way Zipper with Snaps
* Neoprene Cuffs with Velcro Adjusters
* Four Large Cargo Pockets with Snaps
* Lined Hand Warmer Pockets

Arctic Armor Bib Features Include:

* 100% Poly-Tricot Fabric
* 3 Layers of INSULTEX™ Insulation Provide Sub-Zero Protection
* Waterproof, Windproof, Breathable
* Lightweight, Not Bulky
* Adjustable Nylon Suspenders with Quick-Release
* Two-Way Zipper and Snaps
* Hand Warming Pockets
* Two Large Cargo Pockets with Snaps
* Zipper and Snap Leg Openings to Knees for Easy On-And-Off
* INSULTEX™ Padded Seat (backside)
* INSULTEX™ Padded Knees for Kneeling on Ice or Cold Ground
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2009, 10:14 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Arctic Armor Suit

Baller!!! LOL I was thinking of getting that next year...been spending too much on photography gear! How much did the suit come out to if you don't mind me asking? Perfect for early season...I won't be as fidgety!

Anything bigger than what I have caught!

da_teacher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2009, 10:22 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_teacher
Baller!!! LOL I was thinking of getting that next year...been spending too much on photography gear! How much did the suit come out to if you don't mind me asking? Perfect for early season...I won't be as fidgety!
Black Arctic Armor Suit, size Medium $319.99 USD No TAX NO Shipping.

Like I said.. It comes with the gloves as well for FREE!!

I little steep but I wanted to get it because it floats!! I hope it last me many years to come!!
Old 12-01-2009, 10:31 AM   #4 (permalink)

I cant decide on that one or steppin upto the snosuit. Gonna have to meet ya at a lake so I can check it out, havn't seen one in person yet
Old 12-01-2009, 10:32 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyraxe
I cant decide on that one or steppin upto the snosuit. Gonna have to meet ya at a lake so I can check it out, havn't seen one in person yet
throw him in and see if he really floats. that's what i wanna see!!! LOL

Anything bigger than what I have caught!

da_teacher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2009, 10:39 AM   #6 (permalink)

I am GLAD you posted that. I was eye-ballin' the blue suit on Clam's website today. Even watched the video. I think I am going to get one soon. Use it for snowboarding too.
rivrunnr1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2009, 10:41 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyraxe
Those run like $500-$600!! And dont float as far as i know??

From the reviews i read.. The snosuit is more durable.. But it is also VERY warm.. So if the conditions arent Really Really cold you will have to wear it half way unzipped or you will overheat..

The main reason I decided on the Arctic Armor was that it floats.... And it is 1/2 the price of a snosuit.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:43 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivrunnr1
I am GLAD you posted that. I was eye-ballin' the blue suit on Clam's website today. Even watched the video. I think I am going to get one soon. Use it for snowboarding too.
Clam suit looks like a quality product.. Doesnt float though

But it is about $70 cheaper than the Arctic Armor.. I think they carry The clam suits at Bass Pro shop?? though so at least you can try it on before purchasing.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:02 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVinson
Quote:

But it is about $70 cheaper than the Arctic Armor.. I think they carry The clam suits at Bass Pro shop?? though so at least you can try it on before purchasing.
I meant I was checking out arcticarmor on the clam website. They have a video on arctic armor. I want some arctic armor. Looks like good shiz.

You keep saying that "they float". What do you mean by that? As in, if you fall in the water, do you float? Or if you drop the stuff in the water, it floats?
rivrunnr1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2009, 11:11 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVinson
Quote:

I meant I was checking out arcticarmor on the clam website. They have a video on arctic armor. I want some arctic armor. Looks like good shiz.

You keep saying that "they float". What do you mean by that? As in, if you fall in the water, do you float? Or if you drop the stuff in the water, it floats?
If you fall in the water it will float you!! 

"Each Arctic Armor™ Suit utilizes 3 layers of IDI Gear's exclusive thermal insulator INSULTEX™.  One layer of INSULTEX™protects a person to sub-zero temperatures.  Multiple layers of INSULTEX™ provide practically unlimited levels of insulation.  INSULTEX™is windproof, waterproof, and buoyant – if you go into the water wearing an Arctic Armor™ Suit you will float!
"

"The Black Arctic Armor™ Suit ….. super warm ….. super lightweight ….. and super buoyant (enough buoyancy to float YOU PLUS 2 OTHERS if you go into the water)."

Check out the videos:

http://idigear.com/video.php

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in