Has your knob on the Mr Heater cracked and do you know where to get another one? - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2009, 09:17 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Has your knob on the Mr Heater cracked and do you know where to get another one?

Ugh. We have a little Mr Heater buddy heater (the one that runs on the 1 lb propane cylinder). Bought it a few years ago, and have had good results with it. Except for that darn knob!

It's cracked all the way up the stem and the D shaped hole is now rounded off. Can't do much with it. We can 'sort of' start the heater with pliers, but as the darn decal that shows what positions it's supposed to be in to light, etc, has long since peeled off and blown away, it's difficult at best. Not easy to start with pliers.

We contacted Mr Heater and the knobs are fairly cheap - about $1.00 each. But SHIPPING is $7.00 +!
For a measly item like that, there's gotta be a better way of doing this. We've checked locally at all the sporting goods stores for replacement parts, even Camping World, and nobody carries 'em.

Anybody know of somewhere that might carry this or something useable *locally*?

Hubby also asked if you all might be able to recommend a heater that works well outside the hut in the wind. We have an old Paulin (they have since gone out of business, so don't look for them), and it's ok, but a pain in the neck to start and like most heaters we've dealt with, doesn't like to stay lit in the wind. Are we completely out of luck, need to bring the 2 tin buckets with the charcoal in it (his old friend did this at Taylor Res for years), or do you guys have a solution or suggestion?

Thanks again.

FishinGal
Got Fish?
More importantly, SET THE HOOK!

I still say he married me because he took me ice fishing and I still wanted to go fishing with him again!
fishingal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2009, 10:30 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Has your knob on the Mr Heater cracked and do you know where to get another one?

you might be able to find somethin at a pull n pay, dash knob from a car . or a car radio knob as well. they will prob let ya have it for free.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:40 AM   #3 (permalink)

Default Re: Has your knob on the Mr Heater cracked and do you know where to get another one?

Not sure if they're distributed by a jobber or directly but, can you have a local sporting goods store order it for you from Buddy Heater (have them throw it in a regular order for you)? Even if it was twice the price, you'd be ahead on shipping.

xxxxxThat Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2009, 01:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

Maybe a good hardware store would have something that will work?
GrnMtn Eye Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2009, 05:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
P I K E

Nancy...Ace Hdwe usually carries a nice selection of replacement knobs like the such. If you can't find any let me know as I have a few different ones laying around the house here!!! Also check this heater out, it runs on Coleman fuel and will work outside as well as inside. Mine blows us out of the hut!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/NICE-COLEMAN-CAT...item5ad5536ebc

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in