Just got my Icegator Auger - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2009, 01:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Just got my Icegator Auger

I just received my icegator auger last night. I have been waiting a couple of months for this thing to come. I have a two day trip planned this week to give it a shot. My initial impression is that this thing has a TON of power. I have had two different gas augers and this thing feels like it has way more torque and it spins much faster. This is the new model for 2010 and it looks much cleaner then their previous models. I can't wait to see how it cuts, but I feel that it will cut much better then my previous gas models. Right now I feel that the companies only down fall is that they have been slow on shipping and they are not great about keeping you updated on what is going on, when they don't meet their shipping dates. I will update next week sometime after I get a chance to put it to use.
scout76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2009, 03:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Just got my Icegator Auger

Sweet! I'm looking forward to how it works for you!! I'm probably going to get one for next season and am interested in hearing how the newer design works for people.
troutinco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2009, 05:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

I think that electric is the way I will go, if I ever get fed up with my hand auger. I have been keeping my ears open for performance/dependability reports on this brand and the Jiffy's.
Keep us posted.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:28 PM   #4 (permalink)

Ummm, I take it the Icegator is electric?
colonative is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2009, 05:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

Let us all know how it works. I'm going to go electric this year, and the Gator looks to be the way to go. Only problem is it seems they are having problems filling orders right now. Has anyone else ordered and received one recently?
altidude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2009, 11:28 AM   #6 (permalink)

I'm starting on my 3rd season with my Icegator. Using an 8" auger. Own the model with the larger batteries, have yet to kill them and I've had several 20 to 30 hole days on greater than 10" of ice. Two words of advice:

1. Make sure the tabs on the batteries are making good contact with the power head. I bent mine out slightly to improve contact.

2. Keep your blades in the best shape as possible. I can feel mine when they are getting dull. BTW,it will cut at LEAST as fast as advertised. It's unbelievably quick.

good luck!
fishinjj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2009, 06:13 AM   #7 (permalink)

Well after two days of pretty heavy use I have to say this is a great product. It performed as stated on their website, and blew away any of the gas augers that were around. After owning two different gas augers I will NEVER go back. It was great just to hit a button and have six holes drilled and the ice hut set up before everyone else even has their augers warmed up. I drilled 50 some holes the first day out and when I got back home and threw it on the charger it took only about 40 minutes for it to reach full charge, they say when the batteries are fully drained it can take 2 1/2 hours o charge them.
scout76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2009, 07:13 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout76
Well after two days of pretty heavy use I have to say this is a great product. It performed as stated on their website, and blew away any of the gas augers that were around. After owning two different gas augers I will NEVER go back. It was great just to hit a button and have six holes drilled and the ice hut set up before everyone else even has their augers warmed up. I drilled 50 some holes the first day out and when I got back home and threw it on the charger it took only about 40 minutes for it to reach full charge, they say when the batteries are fully drained it can take 2 1/2 hours o charge them.
I would love to upgrade from my gas auger!! I am really starting to hate the smell of gas on my jacket!! LOL.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:24 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout76
Great to hear!! I guess its time to start saving for next years purchase.
troutinco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2009, 09:38 AM   #10 (permalink)

Thats good to hear, I ordered mine before Oct. 15th and still havn't got it.
amphipod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in