Frabill Predator - is it too heavy to pull? - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2009, 03:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Frabill Predator - is it too heavy to pull?

I was walking through Bass Pro shop (that place is heaven) and they had the Frabill Predator on sale for $499!

I loved everything about it except for the weight ~ 150 lbs! without stuff in it.

Do you guys think this is too heavy for one person to pull? I'm coming from a Clam 5600 which is 75 lbs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2009, 03:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Frabill Predator - is it too heavy to pull?

I'd bet if you put ski's on it you'd be fine....
Old 12-14-2009, 04:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

Depends how much you like to work. Personally, I moan and complain when I pull my Jetsled without the powerauger. I love my snowmobiles, Wanna buy one or 2? Pull anything you want.

I figure if I am fishing down here, I will survie as I dont really need a hut. however up in the MTNs I bring a lot more crap and the hut, so a snowmobile is a must.
andyrm66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2009, 04:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

I have Frabill Prowler, yes it is heavy, most of the weight is in the chairs. It also has the Glide Trax system reach really help to pull on the snow/ice. I always pull it by hand. I would buy another one in a heartbeat!
fishonn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2009, 04:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

Throw a power auger in there and now you're talking about a workout. I would suspect any type of incline, like the parking area at Green Mtn by the dam, would be killer.
jigger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2009, 05:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

I have a monster Eskimo shelter that I love when it's set up. I hate that thing when I have to haul it around by human power. The damn thing is around 130#'s, and then you need to add the weight of all the other junk you take out. It's great when I can put it behind the snowmobile because weight is no issue. If you are hauling a shelter behind your own back, don't, and I mean don't, get one of those heavy beasts.
Jclay and Lake 1177 have lightweight shelters that are much more practical. That's the type of shelter I would get if I had to to make my decision all over again.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:16 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmonument
I have Frabill Prowler, yes it is heavy, most of the weight is in the chairs. It also has the Glide Trax system reach really help to pull on the snow/ice. I always pull it by hand. I would buy another one in a heartbeat!
Same one we used at 11mile for that tourney a couple years back?

If so then yeah, just have a friend pull it and you'll be fine. Jeff pulled it about 80% of the way.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by §limer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmonument
Same one we used at 11mile for that tourney a couple years back?

If so then yeah, just have a friend pull it and you'll be fine. Jeff pulled it about 80% of the way.
Jeff is a strong young man...an international power lifting competitor. Pulls that hut like a team of draft horses.

(It really is a nice hut.)
hobiecat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2009, 07:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

i would think it would also be difficult just getting in and out of the truck if running solo. and what if you need to pull it across some small part of gravel or dirt before you get to the ice/snow? that might be also very hard. IMO!!!

Jim
baetisrun1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2009, 09:18 AM   #10 (permalink)

I have a Quickflip 3 from Eskimo, 119#s according to their site.
It's normally just me hauling the thing around, by hand. With my small ice chest, hand auger, flasher, extra clothing layers, cooking stuff etc. (yea i like to be mostly comfy out there)
on flat ground its a breeze. Inclines are not much fun, but go slow and if you can traverse it it's easier. I can load and unload it from my truck easily as well.
troutinco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in