Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Steamboat Lake over this coming weekend...

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  THansen77 
#1 ·
Headed up there with family to snowmobile and was wondering if anyone has hit it recently. Fished it the last couple years and did great, fish in the 18"-24" range, with a 12"er thrown every so often. Let me know and I will post the results when I return.
TONY

#2 ·
I was up there on Friday, not to fish but to snowmobile, The snowmobiling was good, fresh snow, We went to Sand Mountain. Not as much snow as normal but plenty. As for fishing, I havent fished yet, but a local friend of mine fished it and caught his 4 fish limit of 20 plus inchers. Don't know what or where he was fishing. He stated there was over knee deep snow on the lake and allot of slush on top of the good ice. It's been warm up here. In Steamboat..I'll try and give you an update later in the week.

#3 ·
Well,
Fishing was good... not great, but fish were there. Seemed that the deeper the better, and any jig worked. Teardrop styles worked well, but flashy style jigs with lots of color were the best.... all were tipped with meal worms. The size varied with fish from 12" to 22". Broke one off in the hole probably close to 5lbs, a beautiful Cutthroat. Oh-well, someone will catch that fish again. the fishing seemed the best in the "channel" going into the marina, probably 60yds off the mouth and 20yds off the island. Jigging triggered most every bite I had. All in all, a great trip, with probably 15 fish in a couple of days fishing, that is with taking 3-4 hours off each day for snowmobiling.
Tight lines..................TONY

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.