11Mile - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2010, 08:04 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 11Mile

Thouhgt I would put up a ice update for the mile. As of 12/19/10 the lake is fishable but it takes time to find a safe place to get on from most spots. pressure ridges every where and for the most part they only have 1/2" on them early morning and late day they look like little rivers. Pretty wild I have never seen so many there and so close to shore. Once you get past them the ice is a good 8" plus. At lunch time the lake noramlly starts lto make some noise as things warm up but yesterday it sounded like a bunch of really loud drums for 30 mins I thouhgt that was kinda cool. Mid lake around the islands is open water actually a really big area of open water. Around 2 yesterday I watched a guy walk right onto a pressure ridge w/o using caution and his left leg went through up to his balls When we got there in the morning it took us a fair amount of time to find a spot to cross. Slayer was punching through skim ice all along the ridge. We found a safe spot but there were 20 plus guys yesterday in our area and none had a spud bar and many crossed really bad ice. Figured I would put up a warning because those areas look fine to a new ice angler but there not . Probably no need to start a obituarie section on the forum because of dumb ass'
Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2010, 08:35 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: 11Mile

Wow. Violence.
rivrunnr1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2010, 12:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

wow! thanks for that tom! glad to see your still getting out, i guess heronlaker just got so good at fishing he gave up ? u got balls man i am way too much of a chicken to handle all that popping and creaking i dont do well when the butt pucker factor is that high on the ice lol
honeyholz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2010, 07:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

I couldn't believe the pressure ridges at the mile on friday. Most of all of them were pushing down instead of up. Scary chit. Seems like just a matter of time before someone loses there life out there this year.

I can't remember a year since i've been ice fishing(15 years), where you still have to bring out all safety equipment, in mid Dec. Crazy stuff.
Biggie Smalls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2010, 06:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

Trout Excellent safety report.
DMac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in