I'm taking a bunch of kids ice fishing at Grand Lake this Saturday... - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2013, 06:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default I'm taking a bunch of kids ice fishing at Grand Lake this Saturday...

And I want to be successful. Anyone have any updates or info that might help?

Thanks!
Djfan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 06:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: I'm taking a bunch of kids ice fishing at Grand Lake this Saturday...

honestly. I'd say your best bet on Grand Lake would be hitting the inlet. There can be good fishing there. If I were you, I'd drive em a bit back to Willow Creek. Good for Slimers. Just a thought! Good luck and have fun!
baetisrun1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 10:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default Re: I'm taking a bunch of kids ice fishing at Grand Lake this Saturday...

Thanks!!
Old 01-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'd go down the road to Lake Granby and fish in front of the boat ramp at Sunset Point with 3" white tube jigs or twister tails (3/8 oz. jig head) tipped with a small piece of sucker meat and keep smackin' the bottom with it. Should get results with that.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks!!
Old 01-10-2013, 02:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

I don't know what age bracket your kids are going to be but, one thing I would keep in mind with a bunch of kids is the weather condition. It sounds like it's going to be kinda chilly on Saturday (high of 5deg and low of -4deg). Ensure that they have the correct gear (clothing) to be out on the ice. If you have a hut and a heater, it would be a good asset to have to give the kiddos a break from the weather...
Nothing worse than getting out there, catching fish, having a good time and have one kid that showed up without proper gear to put an end to the day...

Assuming all kiddos are bundled properly, I'd second mtnfisher's recommendation.

Have a great time!

Jim
got_one! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 07:12 PM   #7 (permalink)

I have a couple extra huts and heaters if you need them, Grand lake could be a slow go for kids, I would also suggest granby or willow cr. If you want faster action. Send me a message if you need help.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:07 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks Nemo. I has the date wrong. It is the weekend of 1/18 - 1/20. If you can meet us that would be beyond great!!

Hit me up at [email protected]
Old 01-12-2013, 10:05 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djfan
Thanks Nemo. I has the date wrong. It is the weekend of 1/18 - 1/20. If you can meet us that would be beyond great!!

Hit me up at [email protected]
I second nemo. Mr. Penley is a good dude and arguably the best fisherman on granby.

#thorntonscumbags
Dave M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in