What do you want to try this hardwater season? - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2006, 09:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default What do you want to try this hardwater season?

Anyone thinking about their game plan for this winter and what they might want to try thats new and different as far as locations and technique?. Last year I fished Green Mt a lot and caught a lot of kokes but neglected other lakes and species for the most part. This year I want to catch more warm water species thru the ice and want to try for pike with tipups while getting trout on my other line when I'm in the high country. Want to learn Wolford and the Fork more also, Wolford for bigger kokes than Green Mt and Williams Fork for some big pike. Last year I made the mistake of waiting too long to target crappie, bluegill and perch and the lower lakes thawed out early in the season. This year I will hit lower lakes sooner.* * *
kastmisser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2006, 05:56 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: What do you want to try this hardwater season?

this year i'm gonna hit more tournaments, only hit three last year and only took home money once...
Old 07-17-2006, 08:53 AM   #3 (permalink)

I'm gonna try to go after some of the warm water fish and also try to catch my first koke, I can't keep lakers of my line at some places but never landed a koke.
nhurianek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2006, 04:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

valentine refuge in nebraska for toothies and big gills.
dothy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2006, 09:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

nhurianek, do you have a Vexilar when you try for kokes? I would think that it would be difficult to find them without one, as they can be suspended from 10 to 50 ft down and they move thru so fast. I bought a second one a few weeks ago at Dick's Sporting Goods on clearance for $250 as my other one is about 14 years old and getting a little dim.
kastmisser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2006, 06:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastmisser
nhurianek, do you have a Vexilar when you try for kokes? I would think that it would be difficult to find them without one, as they can be suspended from 10 to 50 ft down and they move thru so fast. I bought a second one a few weeks ago at Dick's Sporting Goods on clearance for $250 as my other one is about 14 years old and getting a little dim.
you need a vex for just about anything but especially kokes and crappie as they suspend. it helps even for bottom huggers like perch and lakers.
dothy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2006, 07:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastmisser
Anyone thinking about their game plan for this winter and what they might want to try thats new and different as far as locations and technique?
My game plan for this winter is to find all the places where I can fish in open water straight through the winter.

I almost succeeded last year, only got shut down for about two weeks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in