Colorado Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Hand Drill Auger Attachment

View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 12:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
alpineFSH

Default Re: Hand Drill Auger Attachment

I think there is a discussion about this from last year. I did not want to spend much money on one so I went to the hardware store and made one out of pipe fittings for less than $5.00 (I think it was 1/2" iron pipe coupled to 3/4" pipe). You need a pretty powerful drill, with a 1/2" chuck. I also drilled a hole in a frisbee and placed it below the wingnut that attaches the auger to the handle, so that if the auger were to fall out of the drill chuck, I woundn't lose it down the ice hole. I think it works ok, but runs the battery down after 8 or 10 holes drilled. I had a 8" hand auger that I was using it with, but then got a 6" auger and I like that one much better (Strikemaster Lazer auger). I find that with the 6" auger it is easy enough to just drill manually, plus you get exercise and don't have to carry as much weight across the ice with the hand drill, extra battery, etc. Hope that helps.
alpineFSH is offline   Reply With Quote

» Forum Search
» Insurance