Colorado Fishing Forum - View Single Post - adventure bound at granby

View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 10:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
bernie

Default adventure bound at granby

I met 3 clients in a-bay at 830 am. No snow yet at 130pm I got a call saying I was not getting out. About 30" of snow had fell in 5 hours and the wind had picked up on the west end of the lake. I started shuttling my clients out and got the 3rd one out at 4pm.(3.5 hrs of getting stuck ) They decided to go ahead and try to drive out while i went back to go get my equiptment. About 530 I got stuck for the final time and walked back to the truck. (left all mt stuff out there) I chained up my truck got about 1 mile down the road when My clients called and said they were stuck by the tower on the dam. I got up there took the chains off my truck and put them on theirs. thier tires are skinnier then mine so the chains kept slippin off. I got ahold of a freind of mine (yes I do have a freind) and he came out to tow these guys out. They still had one chain on their tire so the one i had was useless. I was towing an 18' enclosed trailer and could not make it anywhere without chains. My buddy came back and towed me to a freinds house. We stood the night there.In the morning after digging him out I went back to get my sled and equiptment(about 8am) I got my last item out at 530pm. the good thing noone got hurt. If you are thinking of comin to granby be very careful this snow has covered some very thin ice and made the safe stuff very slushy. bernie

» Forum Search
» Insurance