Colorado Fishing Forum

Colorado Fishing Forum (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fly Tying (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Streamers (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121713)

fcollinscatcher 05-11-2015 03:26 PM

Streamers
 
4 Attachment(s)
Even though my streamer game is lacking on the rivers, I love throwing these for warm water species.

Ninja 05-11-2015 03:28 PM

Nice Work

pistoldog 05-11-2015 04:38 PM

Curse you and Bugz, FortCollinsCatcher..

You guys are making me reconsider my mooching ways and start rolling my own.

GRR!

bugz 05-11-2015 04:46 PM

Nice ties FC!

fcollinscatcher 05-12-2015 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pistoldog (Post 1573577)
Curse you and Bugz, FortCollinsCatcher..

You guys are making me reconsider my mooching ways and start rolling my own.

GRR!

If I were your financial advisor I would tell you to keep mooching! Anyone that tells you they are saving money by rolling their own is only tying SJW and thread midges!

bugz 05-12-2015 02:38 PM

Caty Alewife

Made with hair from our three legged longhaired ball of anxiety....

Yeah it definitely depends on the fly and what your time is worth..

For example if you wanted Jay Zimmermans Geezus Lizard id runs like $6 each. Materials are cheap but it looks like a PITA to tie!

Midges, buggers, hairs ears etc way worth rolling your own

cocarp 05-12-2015 03:00 PM

Nice zonkers bugz

Quote:

Originally Posted by fcollinscatcher (Post 1573961)
Anyone that tells you they are saving money by rolling their own is only tying SJW and thread midges!

Ain't that the truth.

fcollinscatcher 05-12-2015 03:40 PM

Nice Bugz! I suppose you could definitely be saving money if your material source was your family pet! After looking at yours I need to clean mine up a bit by dubbing the point in between the eyes/hook eye.

bugz 05-12-2015 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fcollinscatcher (Post 1574193)
Nice Bugz! I suppose you could definitely be saving money if your material source was your family pet! After looking at yours I need to clean mine up a bit by dubbing the point in between the eyes/hook eye.

Are you familiar with a dubbing loop? that is how i did the white part of the body and the wraps around the eyes. Real easy technique to learn. You can also make furled dubbing loop tails for leaches/worms and baitfish patterns. There are some good vids on it on you tube.

fcollinscatcher 05-13-2015 10:49 AM

Yes I use the loop a lot with the simi seal material, those are still one of my favorite leech patterns. Ridiculously easy one material tie and effective, especially with the warm water species.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL3
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.