Warm Water Flies - Page 2 - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2016, 11:46 AM   #11 (permalink)

Here is a worm i tied with a weed guard. Have not tried it yet.

Last edited by bugz; 10-27-2017 at 01:48 PM.
bugz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2016, 02:51 PM   #12 (permalink)

I have also been fishing alot of micro streamers with my little 3 wt for warm water fish. One of my favorites is keel weighted with .035 lead wire. Tail and wind with a Icelandic sheep wool with a little ice dub, or Ice dub/shimmer fring. body with whatever coated in clear cure. painted on eyes. Rides hook up and sheds most of the water fast while casting, the clear cure body cuts thru the water fast while the wing creates resistance and neutral boyancy. The hook rides up and they cast nice even on light rods and sink pretty fast.

Another recent favorite is mayers micro leech...

Old 04-17-2016, 11:33 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugz View Post
I have also been fishing alot of micro streamers with my little 3 wt for warm water fish. One of my favorites is keel weighted with .035 lead wire. Tail and wind with a Icelandic sheep wool with a little ice dub, or Ice dub/shimmer fring. body with whatever coated in clear cure. painted on eyes. Rides hook up and sheds most of the water fast while casting, the clear cure body cuts thru the water fast while the wing creates resistance and neutral boyancy. The hook rides up and they cast nice even on light rods and sink pretty fast.

Another recent favorite is mayers micro leech...
The micro streamer I tie is a bullet head with either craft fur or buck tail. I also use clear cure for the head.

I also tie a 1/80th oz micro jig similar to Golden Rod's.

mkg4478 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2016, 01:13 PM   #14 (permalink)

Caught tons of bass and big crappie twitching a turks tarantula under the surface with a Gartside Sparrow trailing. sz 10 minnows ( grey/white with silver flash ) = money
McMike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2016, 09:37 AM   #15 (permalink)

Those bucktails are great. I am going to have to tie some of those up. I love those little fly sized jigs. I picked up some the winter before last. I have been painting the heads and eyes on them with nail polish.
Old 04-23-2016, 11:01 AM   #16 (permalink)

You can always tell who the flyfishermen - fly tyers are - they're the ones browsing Jo-Ann's fabrics, cruising the cosmetic aisles in the stores, and raiding their wives craft baskets!

Last edited by Pilotfly; 04-23-2016 at 11:17 AM.
Pilotfly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2016, 02:44 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilotfly View Post
You can always tell who the flyfishermen - fly tyers are - they're the ones browsing Jo-Ann's fabrics, cruising the cosmetic aisles in the stores, and raiding their wives craft baskets!
They also keep plastic bags, air fresheners and a hunting knife in the car at all times and scan the roadside for dead stuff.......
Old 04-23-2016, 04:01 PM   #18 (permalink)

Here is one of my jigs.

Old 04-24-2016, 01:40 PM   #19 (permalink)

A must have for any box warm water or otherwise is the Rodney Dangerfield of flies.. The one that gets no respect... The pistole pete... Buy some propellers! When nothing else will work. It has saved me from the skunk so many times. It has also caught me the widest range of fish. Last summer I got my first catfish on a fly rod with a black pistole pete. Got my first carp a few weeks ago on a bright yellow ice dub pistole pete. I have had it save the day at the mile on trout. Crappie, sunfish and bass will fall for it. Tie a few of your favorite streamers as a PP, or just tie up some in a range of colors, it will make a believer out of you.
Old 04-25-2016, 03:04 PM   #20 (permalink)

In addition to propellers, get some mini spinners.

Last edited by chewydog; 04-25-2016 at 03:06 PM.
chewydog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in