Slump Buster - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2017, 12:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Slump Buster

Appropriately named the "slump buster" is really a buster of slumps. This fly is so easy to tie, yet so effective! You can tie up 10-20 in an hour, and is effective for so many species of fish. Its tail moves wonderfully, the front body is wide almost like a sculpin, and its got enough weight to give some jig action. You can catch bass, crappie, small pike, many species of saltwater fish, and mostly trout. In fact, the last time I fished with this fly I caught a nice 24-25" wild brown trout on the Animas River, in Durango Colorado. This is for sure one of my go to streamers for trout fishing. Being so easy to tie, I always have a few of these in my box.

Hook: Umpqua U301 - size 10
Thread: UTC ultra thread 70 - Brown/olive
Weight: 4.8mm brass cone head
Body: UTC sparkle braid - UV Fl. chartreuse
Tail and head: Pine squirrel strips: Sculpin olive.

Last edited by McFlyAngler; 02-17-2017 at 12:09 PM.
McFlyAngler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2017, 12:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Cool video! And nice to see you figured out how to get the video to display correctly.
dallasdb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2017, 01:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

HAHA, yeah I am sorry about the previous posts. I also post in another forum and comment there as well as hear. They have a different system. I am new to this forum and wasn't fully aware how to operate it. Im learning... HAHA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2017, 01:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

You have a shockingly high amount of YouTube views and subscribers for only starting in January.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasdb View Post
You have a shockingly high amount of YouTube views and subscribers for only starting in January.
Thanks! I actually have been making fly video's since january 2016, not 17... So a year and 2 months or so... But The first few months were kinda mediocre. I wasn't great at tying and videoing at the same time. But I increased my quality of video, and it started doing much better. Then, I started my fly fishing show and that really helped boost my channel. Im hoping that it keeps improving because my next thing I want to do for the channel is start filming in 4k, but that is expensive. My current computer wouldn't handle the programs required for 4k, and the camera's are also expensive. The total cost to upgrade everything to 4k would be around $5,000 or so, which is wayyyy outa my budget... But, I'm working on getting a sponsor which will allow me to purchase the things I need. Right now its not even enough money to pay for the gas to my river. HAHA Youtube ads really don't do much unless your getting millions of views a day. I get about 100k-150k/month right now. Im very happy with that, but its not like it really even pays for my time at all. I currently am only doing it for the love of fishing and making video's. Its totally a non-profit thing right now. HAHA
Old 02-17-2017, 04:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

Well hopefully you are tracking all of your business expenses and are getting a deduction for it.
Old 02-17-2017, 04:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

Hey were in Montrose about a week ago?

Saw a guy with big red beard driving a suv with fishing stickers on it. Kinda looked like you....

S. Sadil
CF LURKER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2017, 07:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasdb View Post
Well hopefully you are tracking all of your business expenses and are getting a deduction for it.
Well, I don't make a lot with it, so yeah, it fully covers taxes with all my expenses. I spend more on it then I make. HAHA
Old 02-17-2017, 07:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CF LURKER View Post
Hey were in Montrose about a week ago?

Saw a guy with big red beard driving a suv with fishing stickers on it. Kinda looked like you....
No, that wasn't me... I haven't been in Montrose ever honestly. I plan on going up to that really nice lake up there soon though. Blue something. I forgot the name...

Last edited by McFlyAngler; 02-17-2017 at 08:16 PM.

Tags
cone head, slump buster, streamer fly, trout streamer, zonker

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in