Found: 05-10-16 Chatfield Tuesday Night - Leatherman + XMAS tree :-) - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2016, 10:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Found: 05-10-16 Chatfield Tuesday Night - Leatherman + XMAS tree :-)

Hi,

I had just reeled up a Christmas tree (not kidding) when a sailboat hailed me. There was almost no wind and his boat motor had failed. He was with his wife and it was the maiden voyage on their new sail boat ... and they were essentially adrift. I offered to tow them in and he through his rope to me but it landed in my tray of rapalas. I was seriously snagged up in the rope and I could not find my pliers (it was dark) so he tossed me his leatherman. I got the lures off the rope and towed him and his wife to the marina boat ramp. I then could not find his leatherman either. Damn it!!! anyway he said to just keep it and go back fishin. It was dark enough that I could not see any of the markings on the sailboat so I will not be able to identify it or them.

I then looked some more but I still could not find either pliers so I said I would somehow get it back to him when I found it. I told him to keep an eye out for my boat because I'm out there (Chatfield) about once a week. He said he would and we parted company.

Anyway, I talked to one of the rangers at the inspection station and he said he met the guy and he told him the whole story about the Xmas tree and loosing the pliers.

If you know who this person is ... please PM me with his contact information so I can get his tool back to him ... It had fallen down into the sump pit in the back of the boat.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ben (Mac)

MacGyver-O-Fishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2016, 11:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

I kinda had something similar. I took a hook into the pants when i was out at cc on tues on a landing... i dont use a net, i use my fish grips. Landed the fish and noticed the front trebs were sunk in the fishes mouth really deep. Broke out the hemos and it wasnt enough. Called my buddy over and right before he got to me this eye starts thrashing and hooks me in the pants and i lose hold of the grips... My buddy saw it 10 yards away and i swear this dude hovered over the rocks and had those pliers out in less than .5 seconds. That moment i got hooked seemed forever just waiting for the hook to drive into my leg. So nerve racking. We finally got the fish off and then worked on me. After it was all said and done i only had a scratch on the skin but it could of been way worse. In all the nonsense we lost the pliers and couldnt find them. I assume the fell between a rock but he said no biggie. They were some cheap home depot ones but if you find em keep em and you found my cc spot
Grumpie. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2016, 02:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

Man! That sounds like the hook missed you by "that much". :-)
Glad it didn't claim any chunks of meat from you.

Tight lines.
Ben (Mac)

MacGyver-O-Fishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in