LOST: Flybox at Deckers - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2011, 08:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default LOST: Flybox at Deckers

I've lost another fly box, this one at Deckers. It's maybe 5"x7" Plano box, clear plastic on one side, white ripple foam on the other. Had a bunch of my own ties, mostly caddis larva, mostly poorly tied.

I lost it somewhere between the bend hole and the campground above deckers bridge, or maybe in the first 100 yards below Trumbull bridge, near the porch hole.

Despite the crappy flies I'd still love to get it back, so go beat up some deckers fish and find my box!

Thanks
funkmastersnowshoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2011, 09:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: LOST: Flybox at Deckers

Ahhh--No good!
sswan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2011, 11:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
The Mayor

Jeez Funk, you need stickum on your fly boxes..... Between you & SL you guys lose a lot a stuff
Old 01-19-2011, 08:59 AM   #4 (permalink)

Hmmm... maybe the 'magnetic vest' - oh, wait, half of South Park pyrite will stick to you.

Oh, then there's the 'velcro vest' - that could be interesting... except when you stick to other weird fuzzy things - dogs, fleece jackets, fake sheepskin seat covers...

Al, you have your name and # on the boxes? (Have to do that with all our stuff - have actually gotten some of them back, but bears can't read)

I'm curious - a lot of fly boxes have a hole somewhere on the side for a lanyard loop - but who actually does that?

FishinGal
Got Fish?
More importantly, SET THE HOOK!

I still say he married me because he took me ice fishing and I still wanted to go fishing with him again!
fishingal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2011, 09:37 AM   #5 (permalink)

Nancy -

Of course I didn't have my name and number on the fly boxes. I've only lost a couple of boxes and several hundred flies, so I haven't yet pulled my head completely out of my a$$. Maybe after I lose a couple more....

So Nancy, now its time for you to do your part, take the last minute opening in the fly swap so you can help me reload!
funkmastersnowshoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2011, 12:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingal
Hmmm... maybe the 'magnetic vest' - oh, wait, half of South Park pyrite will stick to you.

Oh, then there's the 'velcro vest' - that could be interesting... except when you stick to other weird fuzzy things - dogs, fleece jackets, fake sheepskin seat covers...

Al, you have your name and # on the boxes? (Have to do that with all our stuff - have actually gotten some of them back, but bears can't read)

I'm curious - a lot of fly boxes have a hole somewhere on the side for a lanyard loop - but who actually does that?
My old man, has 3 boxes and all his tools in a waist pack all on lanyards....
koldkut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in