Tackle Box - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2011, 06:07 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Tackle Box

So I'm currently deployed to Afghanistan and while I was deployed my wife had to move from texas to colorado springs. Before the move she set all of my fishing stuff up front cause she knows how much it means to me and her. When I returned from leave the movers moved all of our stuff was in the garage...well almost everything all of my fishing rods, float tubes and other fishing stuff was there but I was missing my tackle box. There has to be close to 2 thousand dollars worth of tackle in there so when I informed her that it was missing she called the moving company and told them then they looked up who did the move and informed her that the movers that moved us were fired for stealing and all they said was sorry for our lost and refused to give their names or anything so now I have to start all over when I get home on all my tackle so if you use a moving company please move the stuff that is important to you yourself cause your not able to trust anyone anymore!!!!
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2011, 01:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Tackle Box

That sucks man. You would think the company would be insured and help ya out. Could take them to small claims when you get back and I would bet you would win with the guy being fired for stealing and all.

Be careful over there.
CaptHook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2011, 03:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'm guessing you are stationed at Fort Carson. Shoot me a PM when you get back and I will donate a couple lures your way.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:30 AM   #4 (permalink)

yeah they said they were not liable for it since i didnt keep the reciepts on all my lures but who does it has been years worth of collecting but we are still working on it and they wont release the names of the guys for some privacy stuff but im still working on it
Old 05-04-2011, 08:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

Can the Army help you out...This is total BS that a deployed soldier is taken advantage of...Let us know how this progresses...we may be able to help. Thank you for your service!
Old 05-04-2011, 09:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

I would be willing to throw in some lures...

I will point this out to GoFindYourOwnDamnLawyer...he might have some advice...
Old 05-04-2011, 09:38 PM   #7 (permalink)

What was the company? Did you have a written contract? Bill of lading? If you want to PM me with these details, I might have some ideas. I'm sure I'll have other questions when I see the paperwork you do have.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in