Colorado Fishing Forum - View Single Post - life span of berkley trilene xl

View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 06:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
walleye seeker

Default life span of berkley trilene xl

in 1981 i bought out the fishing stock of a store in Breck that wanted to go out of the fishing business. at that time i priced everything for sale. the other day i found two spools of trilene that was bought then, i was going to throw them away, but i thought i would test the line for the breaking point to see how much strength it had lost. the way i tested it was hang a section of line about 3 feet long with a 8 lb weight tied on the end with the trilene knot. i left it on the spool so i only had one knot. the 10 lb test held a 13lb 5oz weight before breaking and the 17 lb test broke at 19lb 3oz the line was kept in my shed out side the last 10 years. i wondered what new line would test at with my crude test method? i had bought a new spool of 10lb, it broke at an even 13 lbs. to test it i used an 8 lb downrigger ball and 1,2,3,4, and 8 oz sinkers i make so the weights might not be exact but they are close

» Forum Search
» Insurance